Sign in to follow this  
Jon G

Carbontex Washer For Chronarch Ci4+

I just got my new CI4+ in and I am in love with it (I some what wish i got these instead of the new curados) but I want to replace the drag on it. I have never used Carbontex Drag Washers before and i cant find a size of washer that is listed for the CI4+ on their website. I was thinking that the Curado 200DHSV or the Calcutta TE200 model washers would be good fits but is there a better option?

What don't you like about the drag on the Chronarch? It already has cross carbon drag washers, so you'll be replacing it with essentially the same thing.

• Like 3

What don't you like about the drag on the Chronarch? It already has cross carbon drag washers, so you'll be replacing it with essentially the same thing.

Nothing much I just have a problem with wanting to tune reels lol. I usually just put in boca bearings but this time I want to try carbontex washers after hearing so much about it. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't carbontex washer increase drag pressure? I thought it would be a little nicer if the chronarch had just a tad more drag pressure.

Nothing much I just have a problem with wanting to tune reels lol. I usually just put in boca bearings but this time I want to try carbontex washers after hearing so much about it. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't carbontex washer increase drag pressure? I thought it would be a little nicer if the chronarch had just a tad more drag pressure.

It already has carbon washers, so I don't know how much more surface the carbontex will create. You might get another pound. Maybe. I doubt you'd see much benefit. It already has 11lbs of drag, which is pretty significant compared to similar reels.

The weave and texture are sometimes different on the Carbontex compared to stock carbon fiber drags. Granted though that the difference will be much less than over say, dartanium etc.

In terms of performance the stock and Carbontex washers are pretty equal. However I still make the swap because over time, the Carbontex will out perform the stock.

Give this link a read:

http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/topic/127167-carbontex-vs-dartainium-in-shimano-reels/

I have three Chronarch C14's now and although I have replaced bearings and drags in my other Shimano reels, I have found the black anti rust bearings in them pretty darn smooth and efficient and the drags also pretty efficient, so I have left them alone for the time being.