Sign in to follow this  
MacDaddyFishin

Okuma Tcs Rod

Seeing if anyone has any experience with this rod, and if so how good do they feel or if it is even worth a look into. Looking at the bait caster rod

I really wanted to like these rods but they are one dimensional in my opinion. I believe that Scott Martin had a big influence in the design of these rods as they are geared toward those using braid exclusively and it make sense if you fish grass lakes like you have in Florida. If you use heavy braid for your fishing or for the techniques you'll use the rod for then it may be a good deal for you. All but 2 rods in the line up are moderate/moderate fast actions, when I checked them out I found them to have more flex than I care for as I don't use braid except for flipping and frog fishing as I live in an area where I'm not going to be punching or fishing super heavy grass. Basically the moderate actions are to compensate for the lack of stretch in braid but they look to be really nice and if you like that sort of action for jig fishing or just about everything then you may like them.

Here is a review and there are several more linked in the article.

We have been VERY impressed with both rods and reels!

http://www.bassresource.com/fishing_lures/okuma-tcs-rod.html

:party-096:

I have the M+ spinning and love it

Very sensitive

Very light

Very pretty

Wally World has these on the low

• Like 1

RW beat me to it, but that's my review he linked to.  I've since used that rod for a variety of setups and applications (jigs, swimbaits, spinnerbaits, creature baits, etc.).  It's worked well in all of them, and it's become one of my go-to rods now.

Wally World has these on the low

Ditto

Mine came from Wally . Com

Saved about 80$

I bought the 7'3" H at the end of the summer. The rod has good power and sets hooks with authority. I'm a fan.

And see I don't use braid line at all. So I don't know how that will work for me. Glenn how has your experience been with them with something other than braid

It's worked just fine.  I use very, very sharp hooks, so hooksets aren't an issue for me with this rods.  But I don't think it would be an issue even if your hooks aren't super sharp.

• Like 1