Sign in to follow this  
KritterGitter

Trolling For Rocks...

Rockfish that is, went trolling tandems off Ocean City, MD yesterday. Probably should have check the weather because we were battling 4-6ft swells all day but we managed 2-40" fish with 4 other pull downs that were missed due to the rough water. My biggest striper to date!!

post-45381-0-92340000-1419878820_thumb.j

post-45381-0-48172500-1419878846_thumb.j

• Like 4

Nice stripers! I fished the bay on Friday and it was horrible, we drifted eels for a good part of the day among 200 other boats who also were doing very poorly, hooked one fish that came unbuttoned, and spent the rest of the day trying to cast and troll for schoolies at the HRBT---no bites.

Nice stripers! I fished the bay on Friday and it was horrible, we drifted eels for a good part of the day among 200 other boats who also were doing very poorly, hooked one fish that came unbuttoned, and spent the rest of the day trying to cast and troll for schoolies at the HRBT---no bites.

Yea it was a rough day, Saturday was calm and the bait balls were staying grouped up, I think the nasty weather broke em up good. We only mark very small schools.

Nice fish! You guys getting out again before the season closes?

I doubt we'll get out anymore, it was kind of last minute trip, the Atlantic portion is open year round though out to the 3 mile EEZ , minimum size is 28" out there and its hit or miss if they are around. Feast or famine....

Nice going! Those are great looking fish!

Nice Stripers right there.

Congrats

A-Jay

Yea it was a rough day, Saturday was calm and the bait balls were staying grouped up, I think the nasty weather broke em up good. We only mark very small schools.

I doubt we'll get out anymore, it was kind of last minute trip, the Atlantic portion is open year round though out to the 3 mile EEZ , minimum size is 28" out there and its hit or miss if they are around. Feast or famine....

If they got rid of the 3 mile boundary the fishing would be awesome, the stripers just love staying out beyond it. I remember last year there were guys catching 40lb class fish on ballyhoo while trolling for bluefin.

Nice going! Those are great looking fish!

Nice Stripers right there.

Congrats

A-Jay

Thanks guys, Im lucky to have a variety of fishing available to break up the winter blues.

If they got rid of the 3 mile boundary the fishing would be awesome, the stripers just love staying out beyond it. I remember last year there were guys catching 40lb class fish on ballyhoo while trolling for bluefin.

Yea its almost odd the fish know where the 3 mile line is!! lol Even if they opened it up another few miles would be nice. We didnt do to well inshore this year due to the way the water temps bottomed out but I was lucky enough to catch a boat ride... Hopefully this upcoming year Ill make it out with the same guys tuna fishing the canyons.

Nice fish those are hawgs!!