Sign in to follow this  
Senko lover

A Tribute To Lews

Does look like a Lew's

Hows it a tribute to Lews? Similar handle design? Lol.

I was thinking the same. Daiwa originated the swept handle design. I guess the flat knobs are what he's referring to?

I was thinking the same. Daiwa originated the swept handle design. I guess the flat knobs are what he's referring to?

that's just silly. Doubt that there's any connection.

They're both really nice knobs. I didn't like the old Daiwa knobs that much... The design of these is Nic, and they seem a little softer than the Lew's.... Honestly, it leaves something to be desired w/my Lew's handles. I can't justify the money for nicer handles though...

• Like 1

On this same line of thought....I was taking apart Lews Tournament Pro's and Shimano Citica's the other day for cleaning, and noticed a ton of similarities.  From screw placement, to gear placement.   Very very similar. 

• Like 1

Lews are built in the same factory as, and share tooling with Pure Fishing brands (Pflueger/Revo etc). The Lews and Citica are only similar to the extent that all/most modern baitcast reels are similar in the basic design theory. Any similarity between these two reels ends there. 

• Like 2

not much of an observation there OP.  its a swept handle with paddle style knobs and that's it.  

most lew's handles are 85mm or 95mm and i'm not certain they make any factory handles that are 90mm like the one you compared to.  the paddle style knobs may look similar, but in hand you will know the lew's are a bit bigger and softer.  

lastly, since Lew's invented the "teardrop" reel (predecessor) to the low profile reel, it's safe to say most modern day reels are a "tribute" to lew's

• Like 1

not much of an observation there OP.  its a swept handle with paddle style knobs and that's it.  

most lew's handles are 85mm or 95mm and i'm not certain they make any factory handles that are 90mm like the one you compared to.  the paddle style knobs may look similar, but in hand you will know the lew's are a bit bigger and softer.  

lastly, since Lew's invented the "teardrop" reel (predecessor) to the low profile reel, it's safe to say most modern day reels are a "tribute" to lew's

Yes, yes he did. http://www.bassmaster.com/slideshow/lew-childre-bass-tackle-pioneer

The handle is almost identical to my Lew's. IDK, I guess I'm the only one who thinks so :dazed-7:

Lews are built in the same factory as, and share tooling with Pure Fishing brands (Pflueger/Revo etc). The Lews and Citica are only similar to the extent that all/most modern baitcast reels are similar in the basic design theory. Any similarity between these two reels ends there. 

Good post.....I apologize, I meant compared to the Revo.  I cleaned a Revo STX first, then the Lews TP and found them to be very similar.   Makes more sense now.  :angel500:

The handle is almost identical to my Lew's. IDK, I guess I'm the only one who thinks so :dazed-7:

swept handles are popular though. Not really a one brand thing.