I have the chance to pick up a shimano clarus crankbait rod at a decent price. Just curious if anyone has used this rod if it's any good. It's a 7' medium with a medium fast tip. Thanks in advance

I have two or three clarus rods. I love them. Theyre light and sensitive- i think i have one as my shakyhead rod and one as an unweighted plastics rod. Both casting rods. Mine are a bit older with the full cork grips.... so I'm not sure that applies to yours.

• Like 1

I have one older model jerkbait rod. (6' 6" Mod Fast) and love it. I also have a new gen one but it's a 8' 6" for steelhead fishing. Both are amazing rods!

I have that model. It worked great for me all last season.

I do own a few clarus rods 2 casting and 1 spinning(I enjoy this line of rods, good bang for your buck), but they are not the TC4 series of rods (the reaction bait series), however I do have a 7' convergence TC4 rod that I use for casting lipless cranks and smaller square bills, and I enjoy that rod quite a bit. if you don't want an all glass rod these are a good way to get a happy medium between glass and graphite... 

Mitch

They are decent rods for the price.

i have the exact rod you speak of and it works great for me.  loads up great when casting lighter cranks too.

I have two or three clarus rods. I love them. Theyre light and sensitive- i think i have one as my shakyhead rod and one as an unweighted plastics rod. Both casting rods. Mine are a bit older with the full cork grips.... so I'm not sure that applies to yours.

I have an older style as well, 6'6 med 6/12.  I do question it being a medium rod it fishes lighter, not a bad thing as I'm using it for bass and peacocks.  I do believe this rod is an inshore rod but I wouldn't use it there, it's a nice rod for these peas.  I've been thinking of replacing it with a rod having more backbone, as I say it's doing a good job for my purpose, replacing is not a top priority. 

• Like 1