Sign in to follow this  
walkerd17

White Fluke

I was wondering if the white fluke with the neon tail at the end will work for bass and is wondering what time of the year would it be good to fish.

Yes Works well. Especially in stained water. I often dip the tails of solid white flujes in jjs

Flukes can be fished and effective year round. Retrive speed and action are dictated by water temps and fish activity.

I know the color black doesn't resemble any kind of baitfish but that color fluke for me outfishes all other colors by a wide margin. Fish it weightless on a 4/0 EWG hook.

White Ice ;)

• Like 1

Flukes can be fished and effective year round. Retrive speed and action are dictated by water temps and fish activity.

X2

The bait straight out catches fish and is fun to fish, it was my first confidence bait. Check out the BassResource videos, more information than you will ever need.

Sometimes I use a Highlighter.  Whenever you are trying to mimic Threadfin Shad you need a flash of Chartruse.

I fish them primarily in the Spring--- I do well pre spawn through post spawn.  However, I really think they start to really shine around post spawn.  When the bass are gaurding fry, then feeding up on the flats right before they move to deeper water.   Thats usually around April and May down here.  

Later in the summer I will throw a fluke in a lot of the same places people throw frogs.  Especially since we do not have the matted grass around here much.  The fluke can go in and out and gives a good presetation on a taught line fall. 

I also usually like to have one tied on when I am fishing topwaters for any short strikes or blow ups around me.

I've heard of people doing well in fall and winter... But for me, there are better options.

I have 3 colors I use.  Albino, bubble gum, and chartruese.  I probably destroyed 15 packs of bubblegum flukes last yr.