Sign in to follow this  
CTGalloway21

Concerned About Tatula Hd Line Capacity For Swimbaits

I currently use a Revo Toro 50 HS.  My buddy uses the Curado 300E.  To toss the big swimbaits like Bull Shads, etc., we use 25lb test.  

Toro 14/200

Curado 14/190

Tatula HD 14/165

by the time I bump up to 25lb test I would probably only have like 80 yards of line on the HD.  Anyone used the Tatula HD with 25lb test?  Guess I will be sticking with the Toro for another year.  

80 yards of line. how far you planning on casting? The main concern, for me, would be IPT that far down on the spool. Brian.

yeah exactly. I don't like running a spool that far down.  Especially with all the stripers around me that sometimes take off with my swimbaits.   I need a 300 size Tatula.  A Tatula HD HD.  ha

Use braid? 30lb Power Pro is 12lb mono diameter.

Braid could solve that probelm, but be careful because a good backlash can send a big swimbait into orbit...

I currently use a Revo Toro 50 HS.  My buddy uses the Curado 300E.  To toss the big swimbaits like Bull Shads, etc., we use 25lb test.  

Toro 14/200

Curado 14/190

Tatula HD 14/165

by the time I bump up to 25lb test I would probably only have like 80 yards of line on the HD.  Anyone used the Tatula HD with 25lb test?  Guess I will be sticking with the Toro for another year.  

I don't know what the actual dia. of the line you intend to use is so I used .018 dia. which is kind of standard for 25lb test.  At that line dia. you would be able to fill the spool with 115 yards of line.  If you can give me the actual dia. of the line you intend to use I can get you a definite answer.

I use 25 lb P-Line CX.  I do not want to use braid with swimbaits.  Personal preference.  Yeah maybe Daiwa will eventually release a Tatula 300.  

• Like 1