Anyone in Kansas fish with tube jigs? I've been having some luck with 2 3/4" jigs in flooded timber catching crappie and smaller bass, but am unlucky and 0-fer with the 3+ inch tubes with jigheads or weighted hooks. Any suggestions or comments?

Anyone in Kansas fish with tube jigs? I've been having some luck with 2 3/4" jigs in flooded timber catching crappie and smaller bass, but am unlucky and 0-fer with the 3+ inch tubes with jigheads or weighted hooks. Any suggestions or comments?

The tube Smallie bite at Melvern is one of my favorites.

Been catching tons of bass on a 4" berkley power worm, about 60 bass in the past 2 days.

Butler County fishing lake in the corners of the dams, along weed lines, and in the deeper part of the creek area.

Wow been to Butler last two weekends with buddy and we caught one. I caught using a spinner bait just goofing around.  So curious your setup for that power worm color anyway if you wouldnt mind.

I catch quite a few fish on tubes each year, either on a jighead when I'm after smallmouth or on a T rig if I'm after largemouth. I had some big ones on tubes last year.

158E3492-CDB4-4487-B711-B124D695F13D-2315710a1cf-8195-4713-b6fd-18762945cb64_zps70BAB700-EA20-4162-B5D0-4F699B076098-313

I catch quite a few fish on tubes each year, either on a jighead when I'm after smallmouth or on a T rig if I'm after largemouth. I had some big ones on tubes last year.

158E3492-CDB4-4487-B711-B124D695F13D-2315710a1cf-8195-4713-b6fd-18762945cb64_zps70BAB700-EA20-4162-B5D0-4F699B076098-313

I know where that first one is!  Probably not going to be taking your new boat back there  :laugh5:

• Like 1

I fish the strip pits in Cherokee county and have had no success with the tube. A Berkley 7" tequila sunrise worm has caught me a lot this spring. Also done well with Havoc Pit Boss.

I know where that first one is!  Probably not going to be taking your new boat back there  :laugh5:

It's already been back there catching fish  :eyebrows:

• Like 1