Sign in to follow this  
tucker1998

Best Reel Under 200

I have a couple of curado i's and one curado g, and both side plates have slight play in them, I've been thinking about trying Lews bb1 pro, and the regular bb1, which is better? Curado I or the Lews bb1 pro.

Both are good reels.  I prefer the Curado but It would be hard to say one is really better than the other.

i much prefer the curado over any lews

For what reasons?  (just curious)

i had the TP and super duty and was a little underwhelmed. just felt cheap to me. even the lews decal was peeling off right outta the box. had issues with the breaking system in the TP also. i guess it was mostly the TP i wasnt that impressed with. the super duty was a solid reel just needed bigger knobs. just my 2 cents tho i know alot of guys really like and prefer lews to others

If I had $200 to spend on a reel I would be buying an Alphas SV.

^^^^ I've heard a lot about these and these would be the one's I would like to try if I spent that amount right now

Can't speak on the BB1 but the Curado I is the best Curado to date IMO

2015 Alphas SV for $195

Lews BB1 Pro is a beast.  Great line capacity for long distance casting and braking works like butter.  

They are all brilliant reels...in terms of quality I feel the pre-malaysia reels are better...the new curados I bought I ended up selling. Brilliant reels but the new brake system on them are super high maintanence. Lews reels are good but yes, they feel a tad cheaper but at the same time smoother...the drag is also not as consistant as the Shimano. They cast a country mile but once you open them up they arent quite as refined. Like earlier mentioned decals are the first to come off. I have had shimanos that are over 20 years old with no decals coming off and they work...but I am impressed with the performance of the Lews and they have been around for ages...

If I couldnt fish Shimano I would fish Lews and vice versa...both are really good products...any E series Shimano will be my go to reel,I also own JDM reels and a few Cores but if I had to choose between the Curado I and BB1 it would be the BB1...I really dont like the noise the Curado I makes when you tilt it while casting and it sounds like the reel is coming apart...I dont know why Shimano tried to re invent the wheel because the previous VBS system worked like a charm...

I've written extensively on my opinion about the Curado I. It just flat out sucks and is overrated. Don't fall for the hype. The BB1 Pro is way better. 

It's all a matter of personal opinion. I love my 13 *** and Lee's tournament Mb. Some people don't

I love my Tournament MG, awesome reel!

I love my Tournament MG, awesome reel!

I'm loving the tournament mb. I think it's the replacement for it. I use it for pitching as it's an 8 to 1. Not to mention the dual brakes so I don't get to many professional overruns