Sign in to follow this  
68camaro

Hair Pulled Of Lures - Repairing

How do you replace hair and silicone strands that came off a lure?

I pulled hair off a Blue Fox in-line spinner and a Megabass XPOP Jr. removing a clump of algae.  I still have the hair for the Xpop but not the Blue Fox. Both clump of hairs were fastened to top of treble hook. Can I just superglue or tape it on? I just need a non-complicated fix.

Thank you.

You can put any kind of thread on the hook.  Wrap it around a few times then put the hair where you want it and wrap the thread around it.  A couple of half hitches and some clear fingernail polish will hold it in place.

• Like 3

Great, thank you.

You can buy dressed trebles for a few bucks.  If you're losing hair, it might be time for new hooks anyway.

• Like 2

You can buy dressed trebles for a few bucks.  If you're losing hair, it might be time for new hooks anyway.

Thanks, I did not know this.

I made repair but fish may die laughing of my knot before taking a bite.

• Like 1

Thanks, I did not know this.

I made repair but fish may die laughing of my knot before taking a bite.

Tying on feathers is harder than you think if you haven't done it before and don't have a vice.   Mustad, Owner and Gamakatsu all make trebles that are pre-tied.  They come 2 to a pack and are usually around $5.

I use Mepps plain spinners. You should try fishing your Blue Fox spinners with no hair and see how effective they still are!

• Like 1

I use Mepps plain spinners. You should try fishing your Blue Fox spinners with no hair and see how effective they still are!

I have tried it, I think it will be fine, I do have some mepps from my trout days but they need to be thrown out and replaced due to rust/corrision.

I have tried it, I think it will be fine, I do have some mepps from my trout days but they need to be thrown out and replaced due to rust/corrision.

Those rusted hooks are the exact reason I don't use inline spinners with dressed trebles anymore. The hair that most use holds water forever and really accelerates the hooks rusting, especially since most have cheap, bronze hooks.

• Like 1