Sign in to follow this  
Bass2124

Daiwa Lexa 100

I have the Tatula and love it.  I see the Lexa 100 on sale everywhere for $59-$79.  Tatulas are going for around $100.  Is it worth spending the extra $40 or should I give the lexa a try?

I have the Lexa, it's an incredible reel for the price.  But if you can spare the $40 why not go with the Tatula?  Either way I don't think you can go wrong.

The Lexa is like 10oz (very heavy) if that matters to you...

The Lexa is like 10oz (very heavy) if that matters to you...

It weighs exactly the same as a Tatula.

I have the Tatula and love it. I see the Lexa 100 on sale everywhere for $59-$79. Tatulas are going for around $100. Is it worth spending the extra $40 or should I give the lexa a try?

I've seen a handful of Tatula's go for $75-90 new.

At $50-60 the Lexa is a good buy. Any more than that and it's getting too close to the price of a Tatula, and not worth it. The Exceler Exe felt better than the Lexa and before they dropped in price was a better buy. I sold both an Exceler and a Lexa to a buddy. He's new to fishing casting reels and says the same thing. The Lexa has been known to have an issue during mid cast where the reel will engage and cause your bait to come to an abrupt stop mid air.

Mine is 7.9 oz.

Could've sworn the last time I checked, I saw 9.8oz...must've been something else. Yeah I guess it's around 8 oz.

Could've sworn the last time I checked, I saw 9.8oz...must've been something else. Yeah I guess it's around 8 oz.

The 300 is 10.5oz, maybe you saw that one.

• Like 1

I don't think you can beat it for the price. It remains in my regular rotation which include reels many would consider far superior.