Sign in to follow this  
ncbassfisher1496

Black Dog Baits Shellcracker G2?

Just today I was doing some browsing and saw that they are getting really hard to find and are even selling for $50+ on eBay. Does anyone know why they aren't available anymore? At the original $20 price I was considering buying one, but at the prices they are going for now not so much. I really want to try one out but can't see myself spending that much on a single bait. 

If I remember, last year they were readily available. Almost bought one, but waited...I went with the hudgill. With no success yet...

They come and go. Are produced in limited quantity. You have to keep you eye out daily. I sold a few on Ebay. I made $$$$$ when I paid less than 20 for each. could be a good little business. buy them up and then resell on enay for triple or quadruple the price.

Black Dog puts some up for sale every few weeks on their website, follow them on Facebook for notifications because they usually sell out within 10-20 minutes of posting.  The G2 Shellcrackers are $30 now, when buying direct from Black Dog.

They stopped production to focus on other products but are supposed to be back full force soon.

New price cuz they were selling for 50 on ebay....

I'm glad I bought 2 when they were still $20. They were pretty productive for me this Spring.

The salt water versions are junk. Ship it to me and ill recycle it.

• Like 1

Just picked a couple up at $24 a month ago, you just have to look and buy when you see them. It's a really productive bait for me in the spring.

The new bait ate plastic

Older ones made of wood way better action

Go with the older wood model

Blackdog makes two models of shellcrackers.

A larger more expensive wooden shellcracker

And a smaller more affordable plastic g2 with a bill. The g2 can be used as a crankbait and ive caught bass smashing them into logs 5 feet under water...an impossibility with the wooden original.

• Like 2

The slow sink wood Shell Crackers are very rare today, BD stopped the wood model production after going off shore to increase production, paint and balance quality issues. The plastic G2 models shouldn't be difficult to find.

Tom

Monster tackle has them at $25 right now.

• Like 1