Sign in to follow this  
iabass8

Project T 2016

I can't see the reel very well in the video but perhaps this is a "new" Tatula and the reason behind the current version being discounted? 

• Like 1

It's supposed to be a new Steez with TWS

Interesting. 

Interesting. I'm not disagreeing with you but I wonder if it were indeed new Steez /w TWS why wouldn't they name it "Project S" as they did Project T/Z for Tatula/Zillion.

There was no project z. It was simply project t 2014 for the zillion. T stands for the T wing system. There's already a 2 week old thread about this over on TT lol. The leak came from a JDM fishing blog site.

There was no project z. It was simply project t 2014 for the zillion. T stands for the T wing system. There's already a 2 week old thread about this over on TT lol. The leak came from a JDM fishing blog site.

I stand corrected. My troll game has hindered over there. No idea how I missed it. 

I do love me some Daiwa TWS reels. Currently have 3 of them - now I need to wait to see what this is all about before I look into upgrading some of my other setups.... :(

I hope they don't ruin the Steez with the tws like they did with the Zillion. They already took something away from it with the new sv model. The Tatula is a very solid reel and probably one of the best buys out there at $100. The whole tws thing is great in theory but it doesn't outcast any of my other reels with a traditional line guide.

I hope they don't ruin the Steez with the tws like they did with the Zillion. They already took something away from it with the new sv model. The Tatula is a very solid reel and probably one of the best buys out there at $100. The whole tws thing is great in theory but it doesn't outcast any of my other reels with a traditional line guide.

I can see your point. Although - theoretically, a line guide with less resistance can only give you a smoother cast. I think the science behind it explains that there is definitely an improvement in the angle the line runs through. 

Daiwa is definitely making noise with the TWS system - whether it works or not. Their reels are still top notch and probably one of my favorite reels just based on how they feel and how little there is in play all around. 

I really enjoy my Tatula Type R's and Zillion and would definitely purchase more. 

I have the following reels;

1 - Daiwa Zillion TWS

2 - Daiwa Tatula Type R TWS

2 - Shimano Metanium DC 

1 - Curado 200I

1 - AB Garcia STX

1 - Lews LFS Speed Spool

What reels are you primarily fishing with? Just curious to see if I need to research some other types of reels - in the market as always ;)

What reels are you primarily fishing with? Just curious to see if I need to research some other types of reels - in the market as always ;)

Their claim was due to a decrease in line angle it resulted in less friction and further casts. The last part is what I don't buy. I currently own all Daiwa reels. Reels I either still have or sold have ranged from 70-600. None of them with a normal line guide cast any worse then the 3 Tatulas I've owned.

• Like 1

Their claim was due to a decrease in line angle it resulted in less friction and further casts. The last part is what I don't buy. I currently own all Daiwa reels. Reels I either still have or sold have ranged from 70-600. None of them with a normal line guide cast any worse then the 3 Tatulas I've owned.

Ah gotcha - yeah - no I agree. Favorite Daiwa to date?

Ah gotcha - yeah - no I agree. Favorite Daiwa to date?

TD-Z

• Like 2

I've stocked up on the current Steez variants so if they decide to change it up, I won't be too upset. But I agree, why fix what isn't broken? That's why I haven't bought a new Zillion yet.