Jump to content
lecisnith

Nuthin' Fancy crankbait assortment

Recommended Posts

My sister got me a lot of crankbaits from Nuthin Fancy for Christmas.  Does anyone have any experience with these?  Don't bother trying to research them, it looks like they use Amazon as their de facto website.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the blaze lures you find at kmart. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmm... sounds like a direct Florida connection for sure!

" Nuthin’ Fancy Outdoors is based in Ponce Inlet, Florida and is still family owned and operated. It’s success in the finish in industry first began with a simple and honest idea, to offer quality products at reasonable prices so everyone who has a love for the great outdoors can get our and enjoy nature without breaking the bank. Beginning small and selling online the company soon grew based on their quality products and commitment to excellence. They are now known as a leader in all things hunting and fishing. Nuthin’ Fancy Outdoors has expanded and continue to grow, yet they continue the tradition of excellence and they take great pride in the reputation they have established among hunters and fishers around the world!"

And back in 1975 another Florida connection to Nuthin' Fancy!

61jj%2B7GG3NL._SL1092_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FloridaFishinFool said:

Hmmmm... sounds like a direct Florida connection for sure!

" Nuthin’ Fancy Outdoors is based in Ponce Inlet, Florida and is still family owned and operated. It’s success in the finish in industry first began with a simple and honest idea, to offer quality products at reasonable prices so everyone who has a love for the great outdoors can get our and enjoy nature without breaking the bank. Beginning small and selling online the company soon grew based on their quality products and commitment to excellence. They are now known as a leader in all things hunting and fishing. Nuthin’ Fancy Outdoors has expanded and continue to grow, yet they continue the tradition of excellence and they take great pride in the reputation they have established among hunters and fishers around the world!"

And back in 1975 another Florida connection to Nuthin' Fancy!

61jj%2B7GG3NL._SL1092_.jpg

I thought Skynyrd was from Alabama.  Thanks a lot Nick Cage...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, Skynyrd was and is still from Jacksonville Florida my home town. Born and raised there.

They only wrote a song about Alabama.

-----------------------

From wikipedia:

Lynyrd Skynyrd is an American rock band best known for popularizing the southern rock genre during the 1970s. Originally formed in 1964 as My Backyard in Jacksonville, Florida, the band used various names such as The Noble Five and One Percent, before coming up with Lynyrd Skynyrd in 1969. The band rose to worldwide recognition on the basis of its live performances and signature tunes "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Free Bird". At the peak of their success, three members died in an airplane crash in 1977, putting an abrupt end to the band's most popular incarnation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FloridaFishinFool said:

No, Skynyrd was and is still from Jacksonville Florida my home town. Born and raised there.

They only wrote a song about Alabama.

 

I am aware.  That was supposed to be a joke about Con-Air.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, EricTheAngler said:

Looks like the blaze lures you find at kmart. :D

That might be being generous.  But they'be got lures that are modeled on Rat-L-Traps and Aruku  Shads, some other kind of lipless, a couple poppers, a couple walking baits, a couple light crankbaits, and a couple floating minnows.  Decent-looking colors with some potential.  Worth using from the bank or where I might have a higher chance of losing something.  If I catch a fish or two with them it'll be a win in my book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am doing a little digging on this "company" but what is coming up is kind of interesting really.

Some information I am finding is suggesting that there is actually a company based in Ponce Inlet, Florida going by the name of "Nuthin' Fancy Outdoors" but one quick check in the records of registered corporations with the Florida Dept. Of State shows me there is no such company going by this name. It does not exist and never has existed as a company with this name- at least in the state of Florida which makes registered corporations public information even if they are out of business you can still find them by name, but a company by this name is not in the records active or inactive. It is just not there.

So what this tells me is that if it is a family owned business, then that business is going by a different name and the term "Nuthin' Fancy Outdoors" is merely a brand name they chose to use for their lures.

But, what I am reading online about their lures is that what we might be dealing with here is a now failed attempt by some people here in Florida hoping to make money selling cheap lures imported from China with their brand on them.

I have read on other forums going back a couple of years other fishermen saying that the lures sold under this name match other no brand name lures being imported from China. Many are the exact same size, exact same construction, same hooks, same everything except brand name and packaging.

So I can not confirm this, only report back here what I am finding others saying about them:

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/threads/nuthin-fancy-outdoors-lures.224084/

" Please don't waste your money! 

Those look like cheap knockoffs from China. Cheap quality, poor hooks, doesn't swim straight. 

If you search for other lures you'll start to see lures that look like them and some with same colors from over seas.

Take that $73 and spend it on reputable name. Strike King, Bandits, Rapala, and Bass Pro Shops name brand lures are all affordable and of great quality! "

They even had a website at one time too but it appears now to no longer be functional:

http://www.nuthinfancyoutdoors.com/small-lures.html

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are going to use cheap crankbaits, try Bandits. They are probably not as cheap as the ones your sister bought but the price is not bad. Chances are, you will probably will not want any other brand. Bandits catch fish and comes in a lot of colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

s-l1600.jpg

Found this on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-NUTHIN-FANCY-LURES-TOPWATER-MINNOW-CRANKBAIT-/252224118017?hash=item3ab9ba9d01:g:hnwAAOSwHQ9WUWEW

Some Chinese manufacturers are getting more savvy about entering their products into the American market. Some are taking the necessary steps towards branding and this might be one of those doing so.

I notice on the backside of the lure box it says "distributed from Ponce Inlet, Fl." but clearly these lures are made in China attempting a more American type of branding.

We may be dealing with a China manufacturer who has warehouse space in Ponce Inlet, Fl from which they distribute their lures inside of the USA.

I've seen this same thing being done to some chinese reels too.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, lecisnith said:

That might be being generous.  But they'be got lures that are modeled on Rat-L-Traps and Aruku  Shads, some other kind of lipless, a couple poppers, a couple walking baits, a couple light crankbaits, and a couple floating minnows.  Decent-looking colors with some potential.  Worth using from the bank or where I might have a higher chance of losing something.  If I catch a fish or two with them it'll be a win in my book.

Thats why im saying when my brother got me a whole big bag of the blaze lures!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tander said:

If you are going to use cheap crankbaits, try Bandits. They are probably not as cheap as the ones your sister bought but the price is not bad. Chances are, you will probably will not want any other brand. Bandits catch fish and comes in a lot of colors.

I have plenty of cranks.  This thread is not about me trying to boost my collection.  I was just trying to find anyone that may have gotten the same thing and used them.  And make fun of their cheapness as a sidebar.  But I plan on fishing the hell out of them until I lose them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FloridaFishinFool said:

s-l1600.jpg

Found this on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-NUTHIN-FANCY-LURES-TOPWATER-MINNOW-CRANKBAIT-/252224118017?hash=item3ab9ba9d01:g:hnwAAOSwHQ9WUWEW

Some Chinese manufacturers are getting more savvy about entering their products into the American market. Some are taking the necessary steps towards branding and this might be one of those doing so.

I notice on the backside of the lure box it says "distributed from Ponce Inlet, Fl." but clearly these lures are made in China attempting a more American type of branding.

We may be dealing with a China manufacturer who has warehouse space in Ponce Inlet, Fl from which they distribute their lures inside of the USA.

I've seen this same thing being done to some of their reels too.

 

 

 

Hey, I've got that same color...They did their homework, then.  I imagine most guys from Florida spell it "Nuthin" instead of "nothing"...?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Southern slang!

 

Speaking of slang, when I read the back of the lure package I linked an image in here, it does not read like an American would say it in a couple of places... but mainly this line tells me we are probably dealing with chinese trying to adapt to English American style:

"...that will give you the advantage you need to draw in the catch of the day"

Who talks like that in America? To draw in the catch?

Just my opinion, but if it were really Americans or an American family producing these lures that they would use language that more closely resembles and sounds American.

I really think we are dealing with the Chinese directly here trying to adapt their products into the American market in a rather clumsy attempt using ebay and amazon as their main line connection.

This might also explain why they are bulk dumping the lures onto the market here too.

An American company would try and maximize profit by selling them individually or smaller package deals, These are being sold in some large bulk lots which also tends to indicate to me it is the chinese doing it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FloridaFishinFool said:

What is kind of funny is that a lot of the "better" brand names someone suggested above to buy instead of these Nuthin Fancy Outdoor lures are also made in China too!

Something could be made on Jupiter.  If it catches me fish I don't care.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, there are several issues with Chinese knock-offs. Primarily patent and copyright infractions. The "rule of law" it seems does not apply to Chinese trade. As far as I can recall the only thing China has every invented is gunpowder and that was a few years ago.

"Gunpowder or black powder is of great historical importance in chemistry. Although it can explode, its principal use is as a propellant. Gunpowder was invented by Chinese alchemists in the 9th century. Originally, it was made by mixing elementalsulfur, charcoal, and saltpeter (potassium nitrate). The charcoal traditionally came from the willow tree, but grapevine, hazel, elder, laurel, and pine cones have all been used. "

 

:MSN-Emoticon-sick-146:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FloridaFishinFool said:

What is kind of funny is that a lot of the "better" brand names someone suggested above to buy instead of these Nuthin Fancy Outdoor lures are also made in China too!

So is much you fish with. If it is not China it is some other foreign nation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the question is, Do they work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, EricTheAngler said:

Well the question is, Do they work?

It's going to be a few months as there is a couple feet of snow between me and fishing right now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×