Sign in to follow this  
tmacdaddy055

Fat Ikas vs. live bait

I just recently bought some fat ikas and used them when I went fishing with my buddies who used minnows I ended up catching 7 on the ikas, 1 of my buddy that was using minnows caught 7 and the other one that used minnows caught 6 i had them rigged backwards and weightless and were the chart/watermelon color these things are magic!!!

I agree about the Ika being magic.  I have fished this small pond where one of the members of my bass club goes to test lures.  It is a great day if you can catch anything out of this pond at all.  The first trip there, I tied on an Ika and caught a bass.  Nothing since though.  The pond is so small it is like the bass remember the lure, and the description gets around to all the fish before you even cast again.  

Maybe it's just timing. Catching one fish on a Fat Ika or any other lure doesn't send out a warning alert to all the other fish in the pond.

Maybe it's just timing. Catching one fish on a Fat Ika or any other lure doesn't send out a warning alert to all the other fish in the pond.

ummmm, it was a joke.  ;D

But catching bass in the pond is very hard, and extremely rare.