Sign in to follow this  
WisconsinBassFishin

Best Rod for Under $100

So recently I accidentally snapped two rods sadly. One was a Duckett Micro Magic and the other being a Bass Pro Carbonlite. So now I'm in the search of 2 new casting rods and I'm on a budget. Does anyone have a good suggestion on the best casting rod under $100? I've been looking at the Berkley Lightning Rod Shocks. Has anyone used them? 

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Powell Inferno or watch ebay you can usually win bids on Powell Max 3d's for under $100. Both are excellent rods at a great price. I own St. Croix's, Dobyn's, Shimano's but the Powell's are my favorites by far.

fenwick silverhawks are on sale right now at cabelas.  I'd take those any day over a LR shock.  some good deals to be had at FFO-tackle as well

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RJD1 said:

Powell Inferno or watch ebay you can usually win bids on Powell Max 3d's for under $100. Both are excellent rods at a great price. I own St. Croix's, Dobyn's, Shimano's but the Powell's are my favorites by far.

Yeah I'm thinking about the Inferno's. I just need to replace my plastics rod. Would you think a 7ft MH work good?

If you can spend like $110 shipped, the previous generation Diawa Taula rods can be found on ebay and they are AMAZING sticks. I actually like them better than my Micro Magics. The black and gold version (the white ones are the new ones, and were downgraded)

The Shocks are nice rods and very popular.

Personally like the Ethos rods from Academy for a rod under $100. 

• Like 1

No *** or Fenwick hmx both rods $80, my opinion no *** is worth way more than $80. It is a $150 with a smaller price tag.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RJD1 said:

agreed.Powell makes excellent rods. The Inferno is right up there at the top for a $100 rod. also the Phenix Maxim

But under $100 I don't know.

If I could pick up a Powell 3D Max on Ebay for under $100 Id be extremely stoked. Thats a $160 rod

In my opinion a great rod for under a $100 would be the Lew's TP-1 Speed Stick.  This thing is sweet and is very durable and well made.  It comes in all types of actions from medium light to heavy for $99.99.  If the Lew's TP-1 is too expensive then I would go with the Lew's American Hero Speed Stick.  It is also durable and well made and the thing looks and feels good for only $69.99.