Sign in to follow this  
A-Jay

School of Baby Bass (Fry) Video

Last Friday my wife & I took a day to hang out, relax & enjoy something we both love & respect. Nature's beauty. We headed to one of our favorite lakes within a National Forest.  Back in the Old Town, human power only, fishing is allowed in only certain areas of the lake due to it being nationally protected Eagle & Loon Sanctuary & nesting grounds. It is catch & release only, no live bait, carry in, and carry out. We came across a ball of this year’s largemouth fry (group of baby fish)  Lynn managed to get a close up video.  She lowered the camera underwater and was amazed at the fry swimming circles around her hand & many of the fry swimming right towards the camera. Due to the high sun, you can really see how iridescent and nearly see through they are at that age. Extremely beautiful. Such a gift.

A-Jay

• Like 12

Excellent, A-Jay. Great stuff.

• Like 1

Very cool - thanks for sharing. 

A well placed senko would have hooked their daddy

• Like 1

Wow! I thought I was going to get picked off in the beginning  in until I reached the safety of the school. Very cool. 

Great video.  A couple weeks ago, I came across a smaller school of fry that were a little bit larger than that (spawn here was months ago) who were real tight to the shoreline.  As I looked around, I saw about 4 or 5 juvenile bass herding them against the seawall and taking turns chasing after them.  I believe the juveniles were from the 2015 spawn, none were larger than 8".

My immediate thought was that the sophomores were hazing the freshmen...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fisher-O-men said:

Is the hammering noise your sonar?

No - that's the camera believe it or not - Can't hear anything from it unless it's sub-surface.

And that "sound" whatever it is, is something new.  Hope it doesn't mean it's on it's last legs . . .

A-Jay

2 hours ago, A-Jay said:

No - that's the camera believe it or not - Can't hear anything from it unless it's sub-surface.

And that "sound" whatever it is, is something new.  Hope it doesn't mean it's on it's last legs . . .

A-Jay

Holy crap...I though for sure that was your trolling motor. I hear the same noise when your wife starts talking about all the eagles, loons, etc. or maybe just my imagination.

Wow... now I see why my sonar sometimes has so much stuff on it I think it's just messing up but now just imagine bigger shad in a school even larger than this!