Sign in to follow this  
LVLDVL

When Bassmaster event comes to town, is there a chance to meet & greet with the pros?

Or is it blowed up now like NFL and NBA that you will never get a chance because they stay hidden in their RV trailers/hotels and/or surrounded by security/media personnel? I'm talking about before and in-between the actual launching and fishing.

I wouldn't want to bother a pro before they're about to launch as they're prepping for their day, that's just common courtesy.  From all accounts BASS pros are some of the nicest people you will ever meet, and I believe a good amount of the ones that don't make the cut on Saturday or Sunday make themselves available to fans in the tournament area to promote their sponsors' products and interact with fans.

You can definitely meet them. I was at an event down in La Crosse and since the landing is right across the road from where they weighed in you got to talk to the pro's when they pulled their boats out and inbetween then and the weigh in. My dad and I went down for the final day so a lot of pro's had left, but some stay around if their sponsors have booths up. It's a pretty cool deal. Last year I fished in the WI Bass Nation State tournament on Sturgeon Bay, which was the weekend before the AOY championship tournament. On that Sunday you were seeing a few wrapped boats and trucks around. I ended up running into the Lane brothers in the grocery store. Pretty much every pro I've met over the years has been really nice and down to earth.

Pics from LAX

E2.jpgMM.jpgMZ.jpgTB.jpgTS.jpg

I've had some good encounters with pros when fishing in the opens.  I think most would be willing to meet and greet with fans.

I've been to several weigh ins, fished a Pro/Am, & meet em around Toledo Bend all the time.

Two things these guys love, fishing & talking about fishing. I've never meet a single one that would not take the time to talk to a fan.

ShawGrigsby, get that guy talking & you'll be there for an hour!

Usually on the final day if you get as close to their boat with yours and sit there and yell at them all day they will start talking to you.

Just kidding

most of the guys are nice as can be just don't mess with them before or while they are fishing

people forget that this is their job