GoneFishingLTN

Tournament requirements

I'm buying a boat soon and was just wondering how many tournaments require a 150 motor? Would I be missing out on a lot of tournaments? I also don't want to purchase a 115 and then not be able to upgrade when time goes on and bigger tournaments appear. 

If there's any suggestions about the best way to get into serious tournament fishing I would be great full. I already emailed the bass club around here waiting for a reply. Thank you

Most tournament trails and bigger tournaments have websites that are going to list their minimum requirements. I'd also take into consideration that most larger tournaments are held on bigger bodies of water that can get too rough for a smaller boat to fish effectively. 

4 minutes ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Most tournament trails and bigger tournaments have websites that are going to list their minimum requirements. I'd also take into consideration that most larger tournaments are held on bigger bodies of water that can get too rough for a smaller boat to fish effectively. 

Yeah I was thinking of purchasing a xpress 19 with a 150 motor and hoping that I would be covered for most tournaments. Would there be any that you know of that would require more?

None that I've ever fished have required more than that but biggest I've fished is the BASS weekend series back when they still had that. 

I'm pretty sure most of the larger events have min boat length requirements and max HP limits.