So it's been nasty and rainy for the last few days and I haven't been out on the water. Now my Dad always told me "it doesn't rain underwater", and I know about the affects of pressure. But what about the effect of minor flooding, major flooding, does the rain substantially cool the water? I could go on with questions all day, but I'll leave it to those I guess. 

Edit: To avoid a smart@ss reply, of course I mean how these affect the fish.

Minor flooding will move the fish shallow, major will move them into slack areas of current. If the rain cools the water they should move up shallow as well. I've been dealing with rainy conditions all week, which is particularly annoying since I'm on vacation and planned to do a lot of fishing this week <_<

Buy some good raingear and you will enjoy fishing in it.  I have the Bass Pro Shops 100 MPH parka and bib and love it.  Throw on some Gore-Tex boots and you should stay completely dry.  Cabellas also has really good rain gear.

Rain is awesome....fish bite better.  Puts food in the water....keeps most anglers home.....puts some fish up shallower.   

we need the rain here, send it this way.  i'll fish all day in the rain, and i agree that it does put them up more shallow too.

Heavy rains that bring muddy water can ruin the fishing . As long as the water doesnt turn to mud I would start  shallow and fish to where the fish were at were at before the rain . For instance if the fish were five foot deep and the water raises 5 foot the fish may now be at 10 foot .