I am looking for a new bait casting rod an reel. I need an all around one, for every type of lure. My budget is about $160. Any suggestions?

$160 budget can get you a "good for the money" combo, but not what most of us would consider a "quality" combo.  I have zero experience with Sports Academy's H2O rods and reels, but they get very good reviews.  A Berkley Lightning (or Lightning Shock) is a decent rod for the money.  I've got a Lightning spinning rod that is around 35-40 years old that is still in use...when I use a spinning rod.  :D  House brand rods often offer good quality for your dollar.

Also realize that no rod is going to be good with every lure.  There will be compromises along the way.  A good all-around rod is either a MF or MHF from 6'6" to 7'3"....which rod power depending on cover and lure weight.

Another reel option is to locate a Daiwa Exceler on sale for around $60.  This will leave you a bit more money for a little better rod.  New price on a Fury at places such as TW run from $110-$120.  The Savvy another $40.  I see no use in recommending a rod to you who's price leaves you no money for a reel.

Check out rod and reel combos from such places as Academy Sports, Cabela's, BassPro, etc.  Otherwise the used market is a good place to start looking.

:fishing-026: