Jump to content
Darren.

Anybody watching Stranger Things on Netflix?

Recommended Posts

Just curious for anyone who was a kid/teen in the 80s
(Or others) that may be watching Stranger Things on 
Netflix.

Just started it last night, on "chapter 5" ... pretty good
stuff so far. A little X-Files-ish, Stand By Me...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried. As an 80's kid I was really hoping to like it. However I have never been a science fiction type a guy. I might try to get through it on a rainy day. Seems like it has to be a binge watch show.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mrmacwvu1 said:

I tried. As an 80's kid I was really hoping to like it. However I have never been a science fiction type a guy. I might try to get through it on a rainy day. Seems like it has to be a binge watch show.

Yeah, you probably need to like SciFi to get 
Into it. I'm a huge fan of the genre, and a 
huge X-Files fan, so it is right up my alley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is what I was afraid of. I got through the first episode and a half if for no other reason then my love of Beetleguise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched all 8 episodes.  Waiting in anticipation for Season 2.  Very ET/Goonies/XFiles.  Great show! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Redlinerobert said:

Watched all 8 episodes.  Waiting in anticipation for Season 2.  Very ET/Goonies/XFiles.  Great show! 

I'm on chapter 5, few minutes in. Will get to it after my
youngest's soccer training tonight. This show has me
hooked, and it's not often that happens anymore.

Just hope it lasts unlike the several shows I started to
enjoy on SyFy only to have them cancelled one or two
seasons in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious to what your think after all 8 episodes. 

For those that have seen it all, please no spoilers in this thread!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Redlinerobert said:

Curious to what your think after all 8 episodes. 

For those that have seen it all, please no spoilers in this thread!

No spoilers, INDEED! :) 

So far, the series is very good quality. I think Winona
Ryder is portraying a great, troubled/crazed mother
given her circumstances....And Hopper. I'm warming
to his Sherriff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2016 at 1:01 PM, Redlinerobert said:

...Very ET/Goonies/XFiles.  Great show! 

That's what I thought, the setting and cast reminded me of E.T. or Poltergeist where the main focus of the story is on the kids and the "mysterious others" as opposed to the parents or other adults.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to tell you that from a nostalgia standpoint the show is wonderful.  It gives you that full on 80's sci-fi movie feel with all the little nuances.  The plot has been a little thin at times, but if you are a child of the 80's and love the movies like Goonies, Poltergeist, E.T., Etc....then tune in.  I can't wait for Season 2 to see how they develop this more.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished watching the season this weekend. I loved it. I found it was a combination of Stand by me or It! and Firestarter. The kids playing Dungeons and Dragons reminded me of ET. It even had a little Poltergeist feel to it. A great tribute to 80's sci-fi/horror movies.

 

This is a great little show and I highly recommend it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really is a great series. I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi stuff but I absolutely loved this series. I felt that all of the actors did a phenomenal job with their roles. Especially Winona Ryder and the children. As a kid from the 80's, it certainly had a nostalgic feel to it. I would agree with the others who said that it is like a cross between E.T. and Poltergeist. Worth checking out, for sure. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome show. Finally something different.

Wonder if they'll continue with the same story or not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched it once.  Then I watched it again.  And again.  And again...My wife and I are actually throwing a "Stranger Christmas" Party this year as all our friends are big fans of the show as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Last_Cast said:

Awesome show. Finally something different.

Wonder if they'll continue with the same story or not.

According to an article on vox.com titled "Stranger Things 2 what we know so far" the second season is set 1 year after the events of the first. This is to explain the natural aging of the child stars. It will be more like a sequel than a continuation of the series. While the first season was inspired by sci-fi horror the second season will be more a homage to 80's action flicks.

The article described it like the difference between Alien and Alien 2

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Finesse Wayfarer said:

According to an article on vox.com titled "Stranger Things 2 what we know so far" the second season is set 1 year after the events of the first. This is to explain the natural aging of the child stars. It will be more like a sequel than a continuation of the series. While the first season was inspired by sci-fi horror the second season will be more a homage to 80's action flicks.

The article described it like the difference between Alien and Alien 2

Interesting. I gotta read up on it. Thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between is a good series aswell, stranger things is really good finished it in two days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have to wait until HALOWEEN!!!!! for season 2?!?!

 

This is gonna be a long spring/summer/early fall....

 

:unsure:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great show. Can't wait for season 2. I might go back & watch season 1 again. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 6:54 PM, Pilot. said:

Between is a good series aswell, stranger things is really good finished it in two days

 

Between was Ok. it was like a cross between Under the Dome, Lord of the flies and a Contagion movie. Can't really recommend it.

 

Don't waste your time on the OA. Starts off great, Middle is fantastic, ending is What the F??!? bad. Just terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels
    fishing gear

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×