Sign in to follow this  
JTPAZ

Megabass levante?

Anyone have one? How is it vs the XX? Worth it?

Haven't handled the Levante but I can tell you the XX blew my expectations right out of the water.  With used examples being relatively very affordable, I'd personally hold out until I found an desirable variation of XX in my price range.  The trigger on the levante handle seems like it could be far more hit-or-miss, and the XX is about as comfy as they come.  

Lots of reviews say the levante was a disappointment

I have both, and the Orochi XX's are for sure the nicer rod and well worth the $100 extra if using for bottom contact. I use all of my levante's for moving baits and they do work well for that. I have the Perfect Pitch, Diablo spec R, and the Flat Side Special in the levante series. They are a little more tip heavy than the orochi's as well.

I almost got a Levante when a local shop was having a big sale, but someone there convinced me to go with the Orochi instead.  He said he had bought a few Levantes but they just didn't feel right, and once he tried an Orochi he said he had "found his rod" and swapped out everything for Orochis.  I got an Orochi Swingfire for crankbaits, and it's one of my three favorite rods.

The XX series is the best bang for the buck you're going to get Megabass wise. They can be had used from $175-225 all the time.  A member on here had 5 for sale @ $200ea. I sold my last 2 for $175 shipped. The Levante series is considered okay, but not comparable to the xx. Their versatility is great and makes it so 1 rod can do multiple things very well.  That's why I sold 2 of them. They overlapped with others I owned and weren't needed anymore. What are you wanting to do with the rod?