Sign in to follow this  
Caliyak

Heavy moss and algae

Dumb question so I expect some great answers. LOL 

Do any of you have some rig, technique or clever way of limiting the constant cleaning of the lure?  

I use a t-rig and frog 

Fish a frog with braid and your rod tip up. There really is no way to avoid getting moss on any bait, especially if it's the bright green "gorilla snot". 

• Like 1

I ran out of patience trying to worm areas full of snot. However, I fish a texas rigged frog in the snot, and I can normally make several casts without cleaning the garbage off. I'm usually fishing a Z Man hard leg popping frog rigged on a 4/0 or 5/0 Owner beast, tied to my braid. I pick of a little bit of snot on the hook, and some on the hook eye, but not enough to deter me. 

Yum Swurm  T-rigged weightless with a heavy hook . With a little finesse it will go through it . You need a big hook to help in casting and also too reel a big bass stuck in  several lbs of goo . I fish it in slimy moss  whenever I encounter it . 

I.m not refering to milfoil , hydrilla , fox grass...I'm talking slime or as  bluebasser aptly puts it "Gorilla Snot" .

10 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Fish a frog with braid and your rod tip up. There really is no way to avoid getting moss on any bait, especially if it's the bright green "gorilla snot". 

^This^  That heavy algae and vegetation is pretty much all I frog.  I would add that when you set the hook, get that fish out of there FAST or you got a real fight on your hands.  If you fish that kinda stuff for 4-8 hours straight and you don't come home exhausted with at least one frog completely destroyed you ain't doing it right.

2 hours ago, scaleface said:

Yum Swurm  T-rigged weightless with a heavy hook . With a little finesse it will go through it . You need a big hook to help in casting and also too reel a big bass stuck in  several lbs of goo . I fish it in slimy moss  whenever I encounter it . 

I.m not refering to milfoil , hydrilla , fox grass...I'm talking slime or as  bluebasser aptly puts it "Gorilla Snot" .

Which size do you like?

8 minutes ago, IgotWood said:

Which size do you like?

I use the small and the large . I use the smaller one the most , if I can get away with casting it . 

• Like 1