skno

Carbon fiber reel handle

where is the best place to get a carbon fiber reel handle for a gen 1 revo stx?

ABU Garcia sells them and the Lews handles are compatible as well. For other alternatives look at hedgehog custom reel parts out of JP.

• Like 1

the Lews handles are swept ones which won't work with a gen 1 STX unless you change out the drag star to a swept one . Mikes reel repair sells a nice carbon fiber handle that will work ,,

I'm not sure if you've shopped around yet, but if you haven't, be aware that you'll most likely be spending more on a carbon fiber handle than what that reel is worth. 

If you're willing to accept that, check out Hedgehog Studios in Japan, or Hawgtech. Hawgtech used to be a sponser here on these forums. 

i've got a couple/few swept carbon handles that fit abu, i think from a revo premier.  not sure if they'd work on your stx though.  if you find that they do, let me know and maybe we can work out a deal on one.

• Like 1

That popular online auction site has a bunch of them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Bait Fishing said:

the Lews handles are swept ones which won't work with a gen 1 STX unless you change out the drag star to a swept one . Mikes reel repair sells a nice carbon fiber handle that will work ,,

Here is the straight handle from Mike's

http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/abu-carbon-fiber-ball-bearing-handle-kit/

If you want to 'upgrade' to a Gen2 'bent' handle, the Gen2 drag star will set you back another $23 (P/N 1196761)

• Like 1

Straight from abu, lews, bass pro, or daiwa. All these brands have handles that will fit. Daiwa will offer the biggest variety of possible knobs if that matters. Aftermarket brands like hedgehog, semper fi,  and hawgtech also make handles. Another option would be finding one of the extra long handles off the abu skeet reese revos or revo winches.  As stated you will have to buy a straight handle or get a swept star or possibly bend your stock star with a vice. 

• Like 1

The weight difference is unnoticeable but the carbon fiber looks nicer. ???

if your going to change it get a 95mm. 

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm planning on switching out my gen 1 revo stx handle. Got the Abu bent handle and large knobs. Does anyone know where I can get extra handle knob screws? The screws in my gen 1 handle doesn't work with the large eva knobs. I'm guessing I'll need the gen 2 knob screws. Thanks guys 

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 11:43 PM, WPCfishing said:

Not 100% true. The length of the handle and the type material the knobs are can influence the weight. Yea it will be a fraction of an ounce so something that starts at 7.5 ounces for example could possibly get down closer to just over 7 ounces. It just depends upon the length of the stock handle and the knob type and size. It may not be a huge weight savings but for some it may be worth it. And I agree, they do look sharper regardless of any noticed weight savings.  

On 9/3/2016 at 0:43 AM, WPCfishing said:

The stx gen 1 handle is pretty beefy! Yes I agree I will go with 95mm if I go that way.