Sign in to follow this  
Spyman42

Best lures for new lake, river and pond.

If you're going to a new lake or river, what is the first lures you would use first before using other lures? Should I use a t-rig senko first than goes to lipless crankbait? I fish from bank, dock and haven't got any bass in a couple of week now. I really need help.

a search bait like a spinnerbait or chatterbait would be the first thing I grabbed out of my tackle box.

Whenever I go to a new lake what I do is ..... use the same lures I use to catch fish in the lakes I fish because bass are bass here and in China.

• Like 1

Considering most lakes are different, but cover is essentially the same, I would base my first throw based on what cover and conditions I'm faced with. But I've had this similar situation, so here's what my breakdown would be....

Submergent grass - Whopper Plopper on top, Spinnerbait underneath

Emergent grass - Frog or weedless fluke on top, t-rigged creaturebait underneath

Wood or laydowns - chatterbait or weightless fluke all the way

Open water - stickbait or spinnerbait underneath, Whopper Plopper or buzzbait on top, Ned Rig on the bottom

Then I'd go from there making tweaks and changes along the way until I figured out what I was working with. 

• Like 2

Whatever baits you have confidence in that matches an appropriate pattern for the time of year and conditions.

• Like 1

Spinnerbait, Jig & Craw trailer, some worm-based soft plastic (wacky rig, t-rig, weightless, drop shot), and either a spook or hollow-body frog.

• Like 1

For new lakes I would use new lures , leave those old ones at home .Just kidding .

How to fish a new lake is a very good question and is asked often . The simple answer is to match the lure and technique to the conditions . It becomes easier with experience .  So what are the conditions of the water you are fishing ? Clarity , depth , cover , food source  , water temp.. .Give information and you will receive a lot of suggestions .My default answer it to fish Texas rigged worms everywhere .