Sign in to follow this  
Newtosmallieguy

Seaguar InvizX line

10lb fluoro is going to be a problem on a spinning reel regardless of brand. I'd suggest scaling down to 8lb and see if that helps, or better yet, going to a braid main line with a fluoro leader. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

10lb fluoro is going to be a problem on a spinning reel regardless of brand. I'd suggest scaling down to 8lb and see if that helps, or better yet, going to a braid main line with a fluoro leader. 

exactly !!

I have used 10lb invizx before on a spinning reel with zero issues, but I prefer 8lb.

If you want to use fluorocarbon on spinning reels, I suggest trying tatsu. It's expensive, but it's definitely the best handling fluorocarbon I've tried. I'd still probably step down to 8 or 6 lb test though, depending on the size of your reel. Larger reels like 3000 or 2500 size will manage the line a lot better than the smaller 1500 and 2000 sizes in my experience. 

I generally use 8lb as a leader as most have said. I've also had a little bit of a problem with it alone, not as bad as bad as others though.

I'd also go with 6 or 8 lb test on a 2000 or 2500 size reel.  Two things helped me when just starting with fluoro.  First, under fill the spool by 1/8" or so compared to what you would with mono.  That helps a bunch.  Second, after casting, close the bail with your hand, not by rotating the handle, and give the line a little tug after you do.  Those 2 things eliminated 99% of the problems I had when I switched to fluoro.  They become automatic after a few times.  I've fished braid with a fluoro leader and it does make things easier, but I really prefer presenting lures on an all-fluoro line since I fish very clear water most often.

Try having a braid backing to an invest leader - should fix the problem and give you some more sensitivity 

I've been using InvisX 6lb on a Stradic FK 2500 the last few months and haven't had any trouble.  I fish my drop shot more horizontally so I'm casting a good bit and it's performed well.  That said, the braid to flouro is tempting but as of now I have 100% flouro.

Already said ... FWIW I use 15lb braid with anywhere between a 6 - 10 FC leader depending on what I am doing.   Never going back to straight FC.