Junebugman

Fall smallies on the st croix!!!!!

Well its just about time for the fall migration of the feisty smallmouth bass well i'll be waiting for em' lol has anyone else on here ever try it? I have trying to scrounge up some redtails might have found a guy that has some! Well hope to see someone from here on the river I have a tracker txs with a 60 merc. Junebugman p.s. the season is catch and release only now. Just a heads up!

I was just over near Osceola last Monday - not fishing though.  Looked good, would love to hear how you do.

I'll go with ya!  I'll fish the river right up to freeze if you want to do it.  My boats getting put away in the next week or 2 so hitting the river with ya would be fun!

Not sure why, but in Wisconsin smallie fishing in fall is non existent. Especially in creeks in rivers. Maybe water temp is an issue..?

2 hours ago, SmallmouthMaster said:

Not sure why, but in Wisconsin smallie fishing in fall is non existent. Especially in creeks in rivers. Maybe water temp is an issue..?

Not sure I'd agree with that:
63CFC9A7-4B55-43D1-A259-C73CAE6B7A5C_zps

Caught two more just a little smaller and four in 14" - 16" range.

...they do move out of the rivers and into the lakes when the water gets colder...but they are still in the lakes.

• Like 1

I fish the Croix a lot this time of year. Jerkbaits were on yesterday.  What temp do you pull the plug?  We'll fish it till they don't want a minnow or thanksgiving, whichever comes first