Sign in to follow this  
NEBasser101

Best livewell treatment

I'm looking for good livewell treatment for tournaments. What do you like?

Catch n Release made by Sure Life Labs. Calms the fish, removes chlorine, etc. Best livewell treatment money can buy, without a doubt.

http://www.sure-life.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=11&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=55

:fishing-026:

I've only been tournament fishing for two years, but I have yet to ever lose a fish. I just run a stock livewell. During the summer months, I may put in a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide. If a fish is bleeding from a deep hook, the mountain dew trick has worked for me numerous times. 

I have always used "please release me"  mainly due to its availability. (bass pro and academy usually have it).  The main key to keeping your catch alive is a good circulation system, and periodically checking on your fish during the tournament.  On warmer dates make sure to keep ice on board to add if needed to keep livewell cool.

"Catch and Release" formula - I use it every time, always. I don't lose fish, and they don't stress out in the livewell. In addition to what RW said, it also helps replenish the slime coat. In essence, leaves the fish in better shape than when you caught them. It works, period.

"Please Release Me" formula - works on bleeding and injured fish. It's like a first aid kit for fish.  Works every time. Designed specifically for fish.

Mountain Dew/Coke/Pepsi/soda - not made for animals, has ingredients that may be harmful or poisonous to fish.  Never, ever, ever use soda pop on fish! 

A bottle of Please Release Me costs just a few bucks.  Man up, and put a bottle in your boat.  It's YOUR responsibility to properly handle fish and protect the resource.

• Like 1