Sign in to follow this  
Largemouth21

Pflueger president vs daiwa revros

I checked out a daiwa revros today at Jay's sporting goods and found it to be smoother AND cheaper than the Pflueger president which I was originally going to get. Anyone have any experience with the revros? The only thing I don't like is the "T" handle, I absolutely hate those and also the revros has lots of plastic parts. Input would be appreciated and suggestions for reels 60$ and other would also be appreciated. Thanks and happy late Thanksgiving

It may be smoother, and may be better, but I can tell you with confidence, and based on years of use. The President is fantastic reel for the $$. I have a few and they get used hard, and keep coming back for more.

• Like 2

The Revros feels very cheap to me. I was planning to pick one up to try but just did not like the cheap feel and all the plastic when I handled it in the store. 

I am a huge fan of Pflueger spinning reels. The President is a great real and fantastic value, but I would spend up a little and get a Supreme or Patriarch. 

All I can tell you my wife and I own around 8 Presidents. Some as old as ten years some newer like 1 to 2 years. They have performed flawlessly. It was funny this past April Linda and I were on vacation fishing Dale Hollow Lake just a couple of days after spawn. We were chasing BIG female smallies. They would not eat anything normal so we ended up throwing 1/10 ounce Ned rigs. In order to feel them in 15 feet of water or more, we relied on a couple of very sensitive G Loomis 6 foot ml spinning rods. On the last day she hooked and fought a 8 1/2 pound catfish. All I did was loosen the drag, and get out of the way. She fought it for over 10 minutes doing her best imitation of Ike. She ran from the front to the back deck for all that time. It actually circled the boat twice.  I am not sure if the fish or my wife was more worn down when i lifted it up to get pictures of it.  I am not sure how good the Daiwa spinning reels are, but I trust the Presidents they performed flawlessly. By the way she did that with14# Berkley FireLine Original ( it is equal to 6 pound mono in diameter) and a 4 foot leader made of 8 pound P Line CXX in moss green.  

• Like 1

The president is better than most spinning reels that cost twice as much.

The President is arguably one of the best bang for your buck fishing reels on the market with a very proven track record, but I understand the desire to try something different also. I have several Presidents and would have no issues with buying another. The only reason I ever buy above the President is if I want something lighter or need a faster reel. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jeff H said:

I was looking at those reels and they look great except I hate those T handles they put on the bigger models like the size 3000 can you replace the handles with a normal handle? I literally can not stand the T handles for some reason 

I'm sure it can be replaced.  What would you prefer?  Problem is, it will add to your cost.

20 hours ago, Jeff H said:

I'm sure it can be replaced.  What would you prefer?  Problem is, it will add to your cost.

i'm looking at the Daiwa rg-ab now. can you find a new handle for it? i couldn't find one. Thanks in advance.... :) 

(i would be getting the 3000 size)