papagravey

Legend glass 7'3 mh or dobyns glass 7'3 heavy

Need help deciding on which rod to choose for chatterbaits. These I'm biased to st croix but the don't have the 7'3 heavy. My question is do I really need the heavy powe or will the mh be enough. Also how do these rods compare by performance and quality 

I'd go with the Dobyns. I find that they balance so much better than the St. Croix rods

• Like 2

I love St. Croixs and was looking at the 7'4 mh legend glass as well for bladed jigs.  I decided to go with the Dobyns Champion 736 glass after the guys on here pointed out the mislabeled rod deal ($170) on the Dobyns webstore.  I got the rod saturday and it just feels amazing.  It's actually not quite as stout as I thought it would be but I know I won't have any issues hooking up.  Both are great quality rods and have very good warranties, which is a bonus.  Can't go wrong with either. 

The 735 and 736 are great chatterbait rods, especially if that Dobyn's deal is still available. However, I'd really like to hear more about the new SC glass rods! 

I have the 7'2" legend glass and couldn't be happier throwing 5-12 ft cranks on it