NathanDLTH

Tatula Elite Series Rods

16 posts in this topic

Would anyone have any experience with the new Tatula Elite Series Rods? There are two different styles so to speak the AGS which are 100 dollars more than the Tatula Elite. Looking for any feedback from people who have used them. I'm set to graduate from college and thinking a new rod and reel would go perfectly for grad gift.

I have the Ehrler all purpose casting rod. I've been throwing a spinnerbait on it mostly, but I did fish a 5/16 finesse jig on it some and It's plenty sensitive.

It's a well made rod and I like the reel seat. It's not one of the models with AGS. Although I've heard the air guides are nice I don't think I would spend another $ 100 for them since they are all on the same blank.

Thanks! That's good to know, I've been eyeing them since the local story got them in. 

I am intrigues by these rods as well.

I bit the bullet today and picked up Daiwa Tatula Elite AGS Casting Rod 7' Med-MH Ehrler, ordered a Tatula SV in 7:3:1 to go with it, after reading the direction concerning the Air Guide System, this is one rod that will be babied. So far I like it and with the Tatula this should be good for weightless rigs in open water or weightless swimbaits. The rod specs say it can handle 1/8-1oz and 8-20lb line, I'm a little hesitant to throw bigger baits on this rod till I get this rod out on the water.

1 person likes this

Wow you did really spring for a nice setup! I grabbed a Tatula Elite 7 ML Cody Meyer spinning rod at a sportsmans show for 20% off that I'm going to use this year for dropshot/neko/ned rigs. They seem like really nice rods. 

The tatula SV is very appealing.. might have to try and snag one this year. 

1 person likes this

punch yeah with graduation next week, I've earned it lol! I'll post a review when I have time on the water with it. We should get out and do some early fishing this year if you're free.

I have the 7'3 mh Ehrler rod paired with the tatula sv reel in 7.3 gear ratio. It's awesome and pretty sensitive. Been mainly throwing 3/8-1/2 oz spinner baits on it. I love it so far. I just have 1 question. On the bottom of the rod is there supposed to be a Daiwa logo on the butt of the rod? If I can I'll take a picture later of what I mean. 

1 person likes this

You're the second person who has purchased the Ehrler rod. Must be a popular rod, never been a fan anything longer than 7'6". 

The Rods and reels are both awesome. I have the 7' ehrler rod, and have been using it for weightless d-shad/flukes/senkos so far, plan on using it for finesse jigs as well. Paired with the Tat SV and it is awesome. I actually have accumulated most of the lineup now, they are all awesome rods. Very well balanced, the right actions, crisp, sensitive, comfortable to use, and personally i like the looks as well. They have some winners with these and the Tat sv to go with them.

1 person likes this

Nice, hopefully once I'm graduated I'll get to play with my new combo! Really can't wait for opener! Yeah, the Tat SV seems like a winner!

On 4/23/2017 at 9:48 PM, NathanDLTH said:

I bit the bullet today and picked up Daiwa Tatula Elite AGS Casting Rod 7' Med-MH Ehrler, ordered a Tatula SV in 7:3:1 to go with it, after reading the direction concerning the Air Guide System, this is one rod that will be babied. So far I like it and with the Tatula this should be good for weightless rigs in open water or weightless swimbaits. The rod specs say it can handle 1/8-1oz and 8-20lb line, I'm a little hesitant to throw bigger baits on this rod till I get this rod out on the water.

Have you gotten this rod out on the water yet?  I'm about to pull the trigger on this and possibly the Zillion SV TW.  I wish they made a non-AGS in the elite series.  I don't see a Tat Elite (non AGS) comparable to this rod.  

It sounds perfect for weightless presentations.

1 hour ago, npl_texas said:

Have you gotten this rod out on the water yet?  I'm about to pull the trigger on this and possibly the Zillion SV TW.  I wish they made a non-AGS in the elite series.  I don't see a Tat Elite (non AGS) comparable to this rod.  

It sounds perfect for weightless presentations.

Yes, I have and it's been fantastic with sensitivity. Wacky rigs, senkos, and the like are great. I wouldn't hesitate to throw small finesse jigs or light Texas rigs in open water. Been loving it so far, my one piece of advice: watch the guides. The AGS guides are carbon fiber and seem a little more sensitive. Well worth the cost imo. 

1 person likes this

I have the 7' M/MH AGS Ehrler rod that I may pair up with a Steez LTD Limited 105.  Should be an awesome finesse/weightless setup.

I have the AGS guides on my 7ft MMH Ehrler and love that rod. Throw a lot of weightless set-ups on this, thinking this will be a solid set-up paired with my Tatula SV 7:3:1. 

The only reason to buy a tat elite over regular tat is for the ags alone.

Otherwise save some coin and buy the original.