Jump to content
scaleface

Buzzbait wire

Recommended Posts

 Do you think the stair step design on baits like the Cavitron is better the the straight wire ? I've been incorporating the stair-step wire in my homemade lures .The thinking is they will ride  lower in the water  and give the bass a better target  resulting in more hook-ups . So far my efforts have been inconclusive . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on how aggressive the bass are!

 

I've seen em explode on a buzzbait knocking it plum out of the water & I've seen em quietly suck em under.

 

The latter is when the Cavitron shines ;)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Catt said:

It depends on how aggressive the bass are!

 

I've seen em explode on a buzzbait knocking it plum out of the water & I've seen em quietly suck em under.

 

The latter is when the Cavitron shines ;)

 

I would agree with this. When I'm on the river after smallmouth, it doesn't matter. Smallies tend to annihilate buzzbaits. Most of the time the wire comes back mangled.

If I'm on a lake and targeting largemouth I get more slurps and short strikes. The stair step design may help in those cases.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the offset bend in the wire. It gets the bait a little deeper in the water. Does it have more hook-ups than a non-bended one? I never took records indicating one way or the other, but for me, I prefer the offset bend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2017 at 10:11 AM, BuzzHudson19c said:

 

I would agree with this. When I'm on the river after smallmouth, it doesn't matter. Smallies tend to annihilate buzzbaits. Most of the time the wire comes back mangled.

If I'm on a lake and targeting largemouth I get more slurps and short strikes. The stair step design may help in those cases.

 

 

If the smallies are ruining your buzzbaits might want to try a Whopper Plopper. Similar action but since it's a hardbait shouldn't get ruined.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tcbass said:

 

 

If the smallies are ruining your buzzbaits might want to try a Whopper Plopper. Similar action but since it's a hardbait shouldn't get ruined.

 

I've yet to buy one but I should. I do have a whopper plopper double buzz. I caught a stubby fat (3lb) smallie last week and that bait was thrashed afterward. I wasn't even mad because the wire on that thing was so ridiculously folded over I had to laugh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BuzzHudson19c said:

 

I've yet to buy one but I should. I do have a whopper plopper double buzz. I caught a stubby fat (3lb) smallie last week and that bait was thrashed afterward. I wasn't even mad because the wire on that thing was so ridiculously folded over I had to laugh.

 

 

I don't think you'll be disappointed. Whopper Plopper is my new favorite lure. I don't use buzzbaits for now because it's so effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    bass fish

    fishing poles

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×