EastNcBassin

how to fish a pond pier/dock

so there is a pond I go to quite frequently, it has 2 main structures in it, a bigish pier/dock and the watershed. I feel like this time of year the fish will be on said structure, and or out in the deeper parts of the pond (the pond is roughly 9 feet at its deepest point. I know there are fairly big fish in this pond (however it is quite pressured, the biggest I have caught was around 6 but have heard of bigger fish being caught) I guess I'm just somewhat at a loss of what to fish, I don't know if I should focus on these two main structures or deeper water, any advice is great. - Best regards, James. 

When I here the word pond , I'm thinking  small . If its small with lots of pressure and you think theres a few big fish in it  then I would try after dark , when the fish are less leery . Just approach it like you would during the day .  Dont forget your buzzbaits .

22 hours ago, EastNcBassin said:

so there is a pond I go to quite frequently, it has 2 main structures in it, a bigish pier/dock and the watershed. I feel like this time of year the fish will be on said structure, and or out in the deeper parts of the pond (the pond is roughly 9 feet at its deepest point. I know there are fairly big fish in this pond (however it is quite pressured, the biggest I have caught was around 6 but have heard of bigger fish being caught) I guess I'm just somewhat at a loss of what to fish, I don't know if I should focus on these two main structures or deeper water, any advice is great. - Best regards, James. 

It seems you and I both reside in the same state.

Maybe try hitting it in the very early morning or in the very late afternoon, with a lure you think isn't often used there. Maybe a jitterbug, or a crazy crawler. Both have caught fish for me around those time of the day. When I generally do is basically cast everywhere... side the banks, middle, etc.