Rick Howard

Lost it

I thought I hooked a stump until she started swimming.  I almost had my thumb on her lip when the hook let go.  I think I cried a little.      

• Like 2

Oh man...I feel your pain.  It will definitely hurt for a while...and you will play it back over in your mind many, many times...and think about what you could have done to change the outcome. 

Just know, this is part of fishing.  You'll get another bite though...and you'll get another fish...this is 1 experience of many more to come.  The downs in life make the ups that much better.  

One word......Net...

And sorry for your loss

• Like 2

Join the club.

It will happen to all of us sooner or later.

Keep on fishing for her.  She is still there.

Man, I know the feeling ......

We ll have been there once ...

If you have been fishing for a while, it happens to everyone.  Just be thankful you know where she lives!!!

I flipped my bait at a "stump" Monday, and the danged thing swam away! Turns out it was a big grass carp laying motionless on the bottom. 

• Like 1

I've caught bass with mint condition 3-5/0 EWGs lodged in their gullets, they are pretty resilient creatures.

I also remember a bass in my neighbor's pond when I was just old enough to start biking down there alone to fish, it broke off a line above a bobber in the fall, and I don't think I was able to snag the line and remove the bobber/line from the fish until the following spring!

dont feel too bad, i lost a big one today at lake austin. got a hit on the wp 110 and one of the trebles got on a branch. i had a fish on one hook and a tree on the other. the tree won

Caught two solid fish off that tree tonight but big girl left me standing on the front porch ( flowers in hand).  This will sting for awhile.