NG1191

Best Baitcaster Combo

Hey everyone, I wanted to get some of your opinions on the best baitcast combos on market today under $100. Primarily going to be fishing local ponds in Illinois and some lakes here and there in Wisconsin..

Thanks

Abu Garcia Black Max $70 or Lews Mach 2 normally around $150 but can be found on sale for $100

• Like 1

You might find it helpful to do a little detective work.  Use the search box as this topic gets covered a thousand times in this forum. Your budget is a bit low to get a lot of options.  Perhaps a Berkley Lightning Shock rod and an Abu Garcia Black Max reel.  If you save a bit more money your options increase a lot. Then something like a Lews Mach one combo is an option.. It runs $140 at Dicks Sporting Goods.

There is a trick with Dicks you should know. If you stop in the store and buy something cheap you can use that receipt to go online and fill out  customer survey and your reward is a $10 off coupon. I usually purchase a Jawbone jig. That is a Dicks house brand jig, they fish well and only cost $3.00. For you I would suggest you buying the line you will spool on your new combo.

On 8/17/2017 at 1:27 PM, Chance_Taker4 said:

Abu Garcia Black Max $70 or Lews Mach 2 normally around $150 but can be found on sale for $100

I was going to say the Abu Garcia Vengeance and Black Max combos or the Pro Max myself, and if you're willing to spend a little more than $100 the Mach 2. I haven't seen one for $100 but if I do, I'll snag it and run 15-17lb mono on it where I have braid on the Tatula. Great minds think alike.

2 hours ago, Boomstick said:

I was going to say the Abu Garcia Vengeance and Black Max combos or the Pro Max myself, and if you're willing to spend a little more than $100 the Mach 2. I haven't seen one for $100 but if I do, I'll snag it and run 15-17lb mono on it where I have braid on the Tatula. Great minds think alike.

The Gander Mountain by my house always has them on sale for $100. The house brand GSX Elite (made by ***.) which is in between the *** Black and Envy Black by ***. retail for $160 but every time I go in there they are 84.99. I have a couple and they are amazing rods.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chance_Taker4 said:

The Gander Mountain by my house always has them on sale for $100. The house brand GSX Elite (made by ***.) which is in between the *** Black and Envy Black by ***. retail for $160 but every time I go in there they are 84.99. I have a couple and they are amazing rods.

we don't have any Gander Mountains within a 3 hour drive or thereabouts, but if I'm out that way I will keep that in mind that's a good price for sure.

• Like 1