TapDatBASS

plastic worm size

Hello everyone. I'm very new to bass fishing i currently  been wanting to use a wacky rig set up now does it matter the size of the plastic worm if so what does everyone recommend. does the size matter to the size of the fish? aha sorry for the newbie questions!!!! just want to know everyone's input so i can feed off of!!! thanks in advance!!!

There will be some outliers, but the general consensus is to use 4 and 5" senkos.

• Like 2

okay awesome i have alot of differnt colors i like to spend over 30 bucks at least every 2 weeks  in supplies to just have smh which are all mixed in sizes 4 and 5's so great to knoe! Thanks for the quick reply!

oh and  your from rochester to?!?!?

• Like 1

You don't need a lot of Senko colors! Watermelon (light green) with blank/red flake,  Green Pumpkin (Amber green) with black/ red flakes work everywhere and adding pearl white with blue flakes should complete all the colors you need.

Soft straight tail plastic worms can be very effective rigged several ways and a wider choice or colors and sizes to consider if you want to spend more money!

Tom

• Like 2

Just to add to the above good replies, if I am throwing something other the a GY or bigger than 5", I use a weighted hook.  

When the bite is tough throw a Wacky Rigged Zoom Trick Worm, watermelon neon with the tail dipped in Spike It Dip-N-Glo chartreuse garlic!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, J Francho said:

There will be some outliers, but the general consensus is to use 4 and 5" senkos.

This.

I've also had some good days smacking dinks with a size 2 (or was it 4?) finesse wide gap and a 3 inch senko.