I'm kicking it around.  I've attended it once and worked it as a vendor 6 times.  Karen (from Bingham) and I have been talking about going to meet up for dinner!

The biggest things I miss about going are the people and hanging out with the NERBS at the Foothills Brew Pub.  Good times were had.

You'll find our Batson Enterprises booth there with Bill and Karry Batson, as well as a few other builders helping out. 

• Like 1

I consider it every year but it just never works out. Hopefully in the next year or two. I have so much reel work that time of year I rarely take even a whole day off. 

The wife got approved to take off the 23rd.  I'll be booking our room tomorrow!  Can't wait to get some of that Sexual Chocolate and Bourbon Barrel Aged stout at Foothills!

Room booked at the Embassy.

On 12/21/2017 at 2:59 PM, Batson said:

You'll find our Batson Enterprises booth there with Bill and Karry Batson, as well as a few other builders helping out. 

I will be sure to stop by and harass you a bit! LOL

• Haha 1

@.ghoti.  when are you going to arrive in NC??

Scott, pm sent.

Just checked in to the hotel across the street from the Expo. Stoked to see it all tomorrow.

Met Bill Batson in the hotel elevator just now.

Time to find some refreshments. Scott is here someplace.

• Like 1

Just got back from Foothills.  Had dinner with Billy V and the NERBSs crew. Good food, good beer and great conversation!

Did a little pregaming with Gary in the hotel lobby.

• Like 1

Nice expo. Met Scott and his wife Friday. Great people, and now new friends. Met a bunch of really good rod builders. Attended several seminars, all of which were very much worth my time. Dinner Saturday evening with the NERBS. A good time, that. 

Picked up some tip, tricks and techniques to up my game, met a lot of nice people, and didn't spend too much money. A book, two spools of thread and about 200 cork rings. Also,  free book, courtesy of Billy Vivona. Thanks, Billy!!! 

This was my first ICRBE, but will not be my last.

• Like 1

We're almost home.  About a half hour to go.

Nice meeting you Gary.  We got halfway home and my eyes were almost cleared up.  There had to be something in the air in the Winston Salem area that was messing with me pretty bad.

I snagged a Rodgeeks blank,  an Alps reelseat, some EVA blocks from Billy and a bunch of cork blocks.  Ordered an Eternity blank from Karen on the way home.  I see some of the new Fuji Black Titanium guides in my future.   Stay tuned for some new projects!

@clayton86, your grip was well received.  I could have sold it numerous times!!

• Like 1

:lol-047::lol-047: