I have read post for days and I am still debating on what to get. I am wanting to get a good sensitive dedicated jig rod, for mainly 3/8 and 1/2 football jigs plus trailers. Mostly rock bank dragging but maybe some close structure work too. I have an IMX 843 that I love for worming and was looking at the IMX 844 but was thinking that I might can get a rod for less than $250 that’s just as good. Would like to be around $150. I prefer full cork handles but split grips are ok. Not a big fan of foam. Any suggestions??? 

Loomis IMX have a 2" long cork lock ring that acts as a fore grip and I don't know of a off the shelf jig rod equal to this rod with a fore grip in your price range.

Tom

The Denali Lithium 883 or 884.. 1/2 oz. and a speedcraw is about as far as I would push the 3 power.

If you drag 1/2 oz. and heavier and bigger worms then the 884.

I fished loomis for years ,IMX, GLX and NRX, still own a few. The lithium is equal, to or a little better the IMX in sensitivity .

8 hours ago, WRB said:

Loomis IMX have a 2" long cork lock ring that acts as a fire grip and I don't know of a off the shelf jig rod equal to this rod with a fore grip in your price range.

Tom

I second that

Look at the Kistler Helium 3 Heavy Xfast, they come in several lengths. The MH Xfast will work for the 3/8 but I think 1/2 in cover might be a bit much for it. My MHXF is a fantastic rod, very light and sensitive, and not quite a true Xfast but I’m ok with that. Right now they’re running a 20% off sale in their site.  They are cork split grips, but if you contact them for a fee they’ll do a full grip for you. 

Enigma HPT 7ft 6in MH or 7ft 6in H. The MH has better tip but the H would give you more backbone on hook set on a long cast. Unless you're using a braid to fluorocarbon leader then the MH would be fine on a long cast