TylerT123

Shimano Reel Repair Question

I sent a Curado K in for reel repair since it was making a noise, it was under warranty. It was delivered on Friday and I haven’t heard anything back, should I be worried?

If you don't hear anything for 10 days, give them a call. Turnaround time depends on how much backlog they have. Could be 1 week could be 4 weeks. 

• Like 2

No one here can help you, or answer your questions about a reel sent in for service.  When I drop my car off for repairs, I call that repair shop to find out about it, not a car enthusiast forum.

Here's the number: 877-577-0600

1 hour ago, J Francho said:

No one here can help you, or answer your questions about a reel sent in for service.  When I drop my car off for repairs, I call that repair shop to find out about it, not a car enthusiast forum.

Here's the number: 877-577-0600

I wanted to know if others had experienced the same thing. Most companies email you when they receive your reel. $200 for a reel is not cheap. I didn’t want or expect an update... Thanks for your “help”.

I've never had a company email me for a returned reel.  I use tracking info on the package, and call them directly to confirm arrival, and expected return shipping date.

• Like 1