Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Where I live it's cloudy and about 55 - 65 degrees for the high most days. (65 today) What kind of lure would be best for these conditions? (I fish a small pond with pretty murky water) I just haven't had much luck recently using spinnerbaits, texas rigs, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need sound and vibration.

 

You need a color they can see.

 

Try 1/4 to 1/2 ounce chrome with black back lipless crankbait on 8 pound fluorocarbon line.

 

A purple and gold lipless crankbait should work good, too.

 

Remember, in murky and dirty water you need sound, vibration and bright colors.

 

Of course, you can go to the other extreme and throw a black crankbait.

 

The bass can see as much as six-times better in the water than you can so they will feel the vibration; hear the rattles; and then focus on the color.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not always about lure selection, it's more about water temperature, seasonal period,  location shouldn't be a major factor because it's a pond!

If you are using Texas rigged worms, use black 7" Power worm, 1/8 oz sliding bullet weight and fish it slowly all around the perimeter of this pond. Jointed F13 original Rapala minnow gold or silver w/ black back waked along the surface fan casted all around the pond should work, it works everywhere in ponds.

Tom

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sam said:

You need sound and vibration.

 

You need a color they can see.

 

Try 1/4 to 1/2 ounce chrome with black back lipless crankbait on 8 pound fluorocarbon line.

 

A purple and gold lipless crankbait should work good, too.

 

Remember, in murky and dirty water you need sound, vibration and bright colors.

 

Of course, you can go to the other extreme and throw a black crankbait.

 

The bass can see as much as six-times better in the water than you can so they will feel the vibration; hear the rattles; and then focus on the color.

Thanks for the tips! Also, would a six inch zoom lizard in black/blue tail be a good choice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EGbassing said:

Thanks for the tips! Also, would a six inch zoom lizard in black/blue tail be a good choice?

Well, I guess I answered my own question. I caught my PB today on a black/blue lizard.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I don't know if anybody said this one yet but when it's kinda chilly and the water is murky I'll go with a chatter bait. As far as colors go, If it's like chocolate milk stained go chartreuse and white. If it's just stained, go black and blue or a purple. The largemouth bass's best colors to see in the water is from purple to blue, or in other words that's what colors they are more attracted to.This bait will work at its best with overcast and wind. That works for me. Maybe this will help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could move a lot of water with a big bait.  4.8 Keitech or larger would be a start.  Might be a little cool yet where your at for a wake, but they move a ton of water and can be moved slow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Angry John said:

You could move a lot of water with a big bait.  4.8 Keitech or larger would be a start.  Might be a little cool yet where your at for a wake, but they move a ton of water and can be moved slow.

Those look pretty nice. How do you usually rig swimbaits like that?

18 minutes ago, All about da bass said:

Ok, I don't know if anybody said this one yet but when it's kinda chilly and the water is murky I'll go with a chatter bait. As far as colors go, If it's like chocolate milk stained go chartreuse and white. If it's just stained, go black and blue or a purple. The largemouth bass's best colors to see in the water is from purple to blue, or in other words that's what colors they are more attracted to.This bait will work at its best with overcast and wind. That works for me. Maybe this will help.

I bought a chatterbait the other day and literally watched a bass swim up behind it and bite it on my first day with it. Missed him on the hookset though. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 4.8 is real nice on the 4/0 owner beast hook.  Use a mh or heavy fast action rod and 12 lb line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EGbassing said:

Well, I guess I answered my own question. I caught my PB today on a black/blue lizard.

Congrats!

 

Black/blue are good plastic colors in stained to dirty water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Air temp isn't nearly as important as water temp. It can be 75 degrees out but if the water is 45, a lot of baits aren't going to work. Sounds like you figured out something that worked though. You might try a black and blue bladed jig if you normally have success on a spinnerbait and they have stopped working for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes to the chatterbait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×