Koz

You're going to need a bigger boat!

What do you do when the fish you hook is as big as your kayak?

• Like 7

That is one wild video. I'm glad I wasn't the one having to fight with it in a kayak.

That is an incredible video. Best one i have seen in a while, thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

I float a river that has sturgeon (and big smallmouth) in it. They will randomly jump out of the water even without being hooked. A few times they have jumped right next to my boat unexpectedly and scared the crap out of me. They don't do that until they are at least 4 feet long and when they do, they come entirely out of the water just like in the video. Even just floating over them in 2 feet of water will startle you. I had a guy in my boat last year that thought I was pulling his leg when I told him about the jumping sturgeon. When one jumped right next to the boat he let out a scream like a little girl, funniest thing I've seen in a long time!

• Like 2

Paddlefish randomly jump at LOZ pretty often at times. It's not a good feeling to be a WOT across the lake and have a 80lb fish jump just off the side of where the boat is pointed. I couldn't imagine having a giant like that sturgeon almost land in my kayak though. 

• Like 1

That's crazy !   

Fish looks like a Sea Monster and on that jump, completely dwarfs the kayak.

And if that was an Ugly Stick, seems to have handled that epic battle rather well.

:smiley:

A-Jay

In north Florida several people have been killed and many seriously injured by sturgeon jumping into the boat. While the fish are not as large as those in the northwest there are certain times of the year , perhaps their spawn, where they jump frequently, enough to have the game commission put out warning to boaters on those rivers.