Hi everyone, 

Looking to try a Lew's baitcaster for my new frog rod, which will be a custom 7'3" heavy North Fork Composites rod. The key here is something lightweight so I can comfortably throw it all day. So, I want to try a Lew's since they are light, smooth, and not super expensive (<$200 for the most part). 

What is your favorite Lew's? I think I might want to try the Team Pro Magnesium, the black/gold one with cork handles. I remember there being some kind of deal on them on eBay. Is that still up?

Wondering if anyone else has used this reel, or could recommend another nice, light and smooth Lew's reel. 

Tight lines

Lews tournament pro (tp1h) i love mine and you can find great deals for them used

• Like 1

Are you locked into Lews?  The Curado K is $180 and available searching around for less.  Pick your speed in the line up.  Love mine.  Very smooth with the micro gears.

21 minutes ago, OnthePotomac said:

Are locked into Lews?  The Curado K is $180 and available searching around for less.  Pick your speed in the line up.  Love mine.  Very smooth with the micro gears.

I picked one up on the auction site for $131 shipped. It'll be here today. 

41 minutes ago, ratherbfishin1 said:

Lews tournament pro (tp1h) i love mine and you can find great deals for them used

Great to hear, I'll be sure to look into them. Are there any new available? (or NIB). I'm really looking for at least a NIB reel. 

37 minutes ago, OnthePotomac said:

Are you locked into Lews?  The Curado K is $180 and available searching around for less.  Pick your speed in the line up.  Love mine.  Very smooth with the micro gears.

Haven't had great experiences with Shimano. I prefer Daiwa for spinning gear, and want to try Lew's for baitcasters. 

15 minutes ago, optimator said:

I picked one up on the auction site for $131 shipped. It'll be here today. 

Awesome deal. 

35 minutes ago, biggiesmalls said:

Great to hear, I'll be sure to look into them. Are there any new available? (or NIB). I'm really looking for at least a NIB reel. 

If you really want a NIB reel the Tournament Pro G is pretty much the same thing, supposedly a little better I guess.  I just said Lews tournament pro over the Pro G because I think you can get a Tournament pro for quite a bit cheaper if you are ok with used but I get that you would want one new.

I'll second the tournament pro G.. they are aaaaaawesome. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, punch said:

I'll second the tournament pro G.. they are aaaaaawesome. 

1 hour ago, ratherbfishin1 said:

If you really want a NIB reel the Tournament Pro G is pretty much the same thing, supposedly a little better I guess.  I just said Lews tournament pro over the Pro G because I think you can get a Tournament pro for quite a bit cheaper if you are ok with used but I get that you would want one new.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Lews_Tournament_Pro_G_Speed_Spool_ACB_Casting_Reel/descpage-LPG.html

That one there? Looks like a sweet reel, $180 on TW new right now. Might be able to find one cheaper on eBay new as well. 

Drew

2 minutes ago, biggiesmalls said:

That one there? Looks like a sweet reel, $180 on TW new right now. Might be able to find one cheaper on eBay new as well. 

Yep, they really are great reels, you can't go wrong with it.:)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ratherbfishin1 said:

Yep, they really are great reels, you can't go wrong with it.:)

Haven't really seen a negative thing about this reel so far. That says enough for me :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, biggiesmalls said:

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Lews_Tournament_Pro_G_Speed_Spool_ACB_Casting_Reel/descpage-LPG.html

Drew

You can definitely get them cheaper in the bay. That's where I got mine. 

1 hour ago, KP Duty said:

Yeah they were really trying to get this hyped up during the bassmaster classic. They even put in a stupid glass case with a rotating stand and didn't let anyone handle it. Kinda ridiculous. 

Listening to the anglers talk about it, none of them really have any idea why it's the flagship and why it's costing 350 bucks.. they just mention the features that you can find in $150 Lews like the hook keeper and line indicator haha. 

Lew's Team Lite Speed Spool 😉

7 hours ago, Catt said:

Lew's Team Lite Speed Spool 😉

I've been those dip down under 200 bucks now on eBay... gosh darnit. 

• Like 1

Pro G is my fave

• Like 1

I’ve bought two Tournament pros off eBay for big savings. Now that they’re the ‘old’ models they should cost even less.