Pkfish49

Looking for info on an old Zebco Spincast reel

This is sentimental for me:

I caught my first fish when I was a young boy.  It was a huge pickerel.  I caught it on an inexpensive Zebco combo.  I seem to remember paying $9.99 for it and think that the reel was white.  It came pre-spooled.  This was around 1976.  Does anybody have any info on the exact reel that I used and what would be around now that is similar?

I'm asking because for fun, I'd like to try and catch something on an equivalent Zebco reel.  If I find one, will it fit on one of the rods that I use with spinning reels?

Ty

Zebco 33 is still in production.

Tom

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WRB said:

Zebco 33 is still in production.

Tom

Ty - Can I use it with the poles that I use with spinning reels - will it fit in the guides?

Spin cast reels are designed to be used on pistol grip baitcasting rods, but you can do whatever works for you. The Zebco combos are still availble at Walmarts and similar stores.

Tom

That sounds like it was a Zebco 404 Combo. White rod and reel with green accents. That was my first combo when I was a kid too. Caught lots of trout, bluegill, largemouth and even a few Calico bass. Good times! They still make the 404 combo, just not in white. As Tom mentioned you can get one at Walmart. They are $20 now. Enjoy!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Zebco-Quantum-404-602m-Spincast-Combo/21777438#read-more

http://shop.zebcobrands.com/combos/404-reg-spincast-combo-with-tackle.html

• Like 1

I remember graduating from cane pole to Zebco 202 in black plastic.  Later I got a silver Zebco 33 and I was a serious dude.  Still have a couple.  My wife will only use spin cast reels.  

The white ones were Zebco 404's. Zebco still makes the same reels today, though they look a little more modern.

4 hours ago, Tywithay said:

The white ones were Zebco 404's. Zebco still makes the same reels today, though they look a little more modern.

And aren't made a tenth as well, unfortunately.