Koop

Fun weekend in the north woods

With 2 kids under 2 I haven't gotten out more than a handful of times the last few years.  Had a chance to get out with my old man this past weekend.  We got into the smallies pretty good in northern Wisconsin / Michigan boundary lake.  

I boated a 4.0, 4.4, 4.9 old man upgraded his PB and showed me up with a 5.1.  Had another 2 dozen between us in the 3-4 range and 50+ under 3 over the two days we were out.  All post spawn, crystal clear water, 20-25 feet, 70-71 water temp.

Old man got his swimming a jig with a grub tail.  All mine came on gman finesse jigs PBJ or Green Pumpkin, 8 or 10lb floro with some color variation of sweet beavers.  Just knocking them into fallen lumber at 20-25 feet and popping them.

Beautiful weekend, lots of fun.  

fish1.jpg

fish2.jpg

fish3.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Nice Smallies ~

Congrats

:smiley:

A-Jay

Those are some big pigs. :thumbsup: Have yet to get a smallie on a swim jig but still trying.

On 6/26/2018 at 5:36 AM, Gundog said:

Those are some big pigs. :thumbsup: Have yet to get a smallie on a swim jig but still trying.

Slap a zoom fat Albert on the back and pull it through grass. You may have to sort through some drum but the smallmouth will eat it 

• Like 1