Basstrd

casting rod suggestion for my old Shimano Citica 200d

So Im just getting back into fishing after 25+ years off. I bought a cheap spinning combo and figured I will use that for light applications. I recently found my old Citica 200d and it seems to still be in great condition. Looking for suggestions on a rod for it. Something I could use for jigs and crankbaits and frogs. Could I do all of these with maybe a 7' Medium Heavy/Fast?? Don't want to spend more than $100. Preferably less.

Hey brotha I would take a look at the Dobyns line, the Dobyns colt is about 80 or so bucks but if you can afford it I would try and get a Dobyns furry they go for around 110( sure you could find one cheaper) You could get away with a Medium heavy/ Fast with everything you listed and more, but it wouldn't handle frogs very well. For frogs you'll gonna wanna get a Heavy/Fast at least. I would also take a look at the Ugly Stik Elites, good rod and very durable for around 50 or so bucks.

Good luck sir! Hope I could help

Powell Inferno 

Academy Ethos 

St Croix Bass X

Lew's TP1

Abu Garcia Veritas 

Falcon's HD

Fenwick HMG

Duckett Ghost 

All at Academy for under $100

You'll be fine with a MH Fast 😉

• Like 1

I personally think a Duckett ghost will allow you to fish all of those applications well because it has a softer tip but plenty of backbone. Go for the 7’ MH

• Like 1

I had a Citica 200D for years and it was mounted on a Carbonlite 7'MH the whole time and worked well for a variety of baits.  That reel is a work horse.  I had changed the gear set to a Curado faster ratio and installed ABEC 7 SS bearings on the spool and added Carbon Tec drags.  I sold it to a guy in Texas who loves it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m thinking about going with the Duckett Ghost.  

On 7/2/2018 at 8:14 AM, OnthePotomac said:

I had a Citica 200D for years and it was mounted on a Carbonlite 7'MH the whole time and worked well for a variety of baits.  That reel is a work horse.  I had changed the gear set to a Curado faster ratio and installed ABEC 7 SS bearings on the spool and added Carbon Tec drags.  I sold it to a guy in Texas who loves it.

I own one Citica that I  "Curadoized/ Hot Rodded" as well, Handle, spool, Upgraded to Carbontex drag washers, polished the spool, etc and I love the thing!