USMC22

2010 Ranger 17VS Questions

Considering buying this boat used.

owner is going to get the HIN, VIN and serial number to me today and if the value checks out with NADA I’m going to set up a time to take a look. This would be my first real boat. I’m going to get a computer diagnostic readout for the motor, what else should I be looking for?

other information: boat is on it’s second owner who lives in Vermont. 1st was from Connecticut. 2nd owner bought from a dealer. 

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Sellers description: 2009 Ranger W/ 2010 Evenrude E-Tec with ONLY 137 hours . Tons of extras. Has been serviced at dealers it's hole life. Hummingbird 788 down scan with sonar and 998 with side imaging . Custom ranger cover . Boat and Ranger trailer are100%. Never had an issue. Boat has been winterized and wrapped every year. Started a family so need something different. Text or call

Just get a test drive, and make sure all the switches, hatches, livewell pumps, and other mechanical things like drain shut offs, etc. work on the water.

Get the service records from the dealer.  Have a compression and leakdown test done on the motor.  Have the current owner take you out and show you everything works as it should.  Get maintenance on trailer, tires, lights, bearings, bunks, etc.  Good Luck!!

38 minutes ago, J Francho said:

Just get a test drive, and make sure all the switches, hatches, livewell pumps, and other mechanical things like drain shut offs, etc. work on the water.

Will try to do this.

32 minutes ago, TOXIC said:

Get the service records from the dealer.  Have a compression and leakdown test done on the motor.  Have the current owner take you out and show you everything works as it should.  Get maintenance on trailer, tires, lights, bearings, bunks, etc.  Good Luck!!

Asked him for the records and a engine test printout.

Really excited and just looking around.