Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Looking for an efficient way to hang fenders. Anyone use this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DBXSGO4/ref=pd_aw_fbt_236_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZT7KWFECY09TB3D61TMQ#immersive-view_1534946303656

 

have a lund with a sport track, looking to capitalize on that versus drilling a bunch of holes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Lund has sport track fender hangers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, J Francho said:

I thought Lund has sport track fender hangers.

Haven’t seen them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, USMC22 said:

Haven’t seen them 

Try calling your Lund Dealer. That's where we got ours. They do fit into the track.

How's the new boat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, jbmaine said:

Try calling your Lund Dealer. That's where we got ours. They do fit into the track.

How's the new boat?

New boats doing good, almost done with the motor breakin and done a few fishing trips. Good to be back on the water again. I may give the Lund dealer a call... was really just looking to source online and not make a trip for it. Do you use the buttons? How do you like them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about attaching your fenders to the boat cleats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dwight Hottle said:

How about attaching your fenders to the boat cleats. 

I’ve been doing that, along with my dock rope but the spacing could be better and I’d like to be able to do it quicker on days like yesterday when I’m waiting for a ramp and have to switch sides of everything because someone didn’t do any prep in the staging area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They make adjustsble straps for fenders to attach to the cleats. Run four fenders two on each side & you can dock right or left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Dwight Hottle said:

They make adjustsble straps for fenders to attach to the cleats. Run four fenders two on each side & you can dock right or left. 

Haven’t seen those straps or know how to use them, do you have a link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, USMC22 said:

New boats doing good, almost done with the motor breakin and done a few fishing trips. Good to be back on the water again. I may give the Lund dealer a call... was really just looking to source online and not make a trip for it. Do you use the buttons? How do you like them?

Glad the boats doing well and you are out on the water.

Yes, we use the buttons and really like them. You adjust them where you want them and tighten them down. The fender strap clips on them. They make it really easy to take the fenders on and off. Like anything with the " Lund " name they are kind of pricy, but to us they are worth it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, USMC22 said:

Haven’t seen those straps or know how to use them, do you have a link?

Just google adjustable boat fender straps or clips. All kinds.

www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-adjustable-fender-holder-strap?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions&gclid=CPn92eO5gd0CFX2qZQodFNkPIw&gclsrc=ds

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, USMC22 said:

Looking for an efficient way to hang fenders. Anyone use this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DBXSGO4/ref=pd_aw_fbt_236_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZT7KWFECY09TB3D61TMQ#immersive-view_1534946303656

 

have a lund with a sport track, looking to capitalize on that versus drilling a bunch of holes.

Bite the bullet and buy them. You won't regret it

8 minutes ago, PolarKraft195Pro said:

rope, and a boat cleat!:thumbsup:

The front cleat on the Lund is not in a good place for fenders.....to far forward

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with sharing a cleat from the bow and stern lines and the fenders is placement and how much rope you can fit on a cleat.  I solved the issue somewhat on my Bullet by installing a third set of cleats, mid-ship for the fore fenders.  However, I was doubling up rope for the aft fenders and stern line.  A sport track would have been a nice solution.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2018 at 10:00 AM, USMC22 said:

Looking for an efficient way to hang fenders. Anyone use this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DBXSGO4/ref=pd_aw_fbt_236_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZT7KWFECY09TB3D61TMQ#immersive-view_1534946303656

 

have a lund with a sport track, looking to capitalize on that versus drilling a bunch of holes.

this should work

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25BroCraft-Fender-Cleat-Fedner-Holder-for-Versatrack-track-Lund-Sport-Track/262952369295

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×