Log Catcher

Profound Outdoors Lures

Went to Sportsmans Warehouse today. I noticed they had crank baits from Profound Outdoors. I had never heard of them before. They had a lot of different sizes and types of baits and it looked like they had some good color patterns to them. The price was reasonable. Are they a new company or am I just old and out of touch by not having heard of them?

I know timmy Horton has really beem promoting them hard on Instagram. Looks like they have good stuff though. Their website is prettt outdated though. 

I think Horton is a principal in the company. He has been promoting them for a couple of years now. I really like their lipless crank - Azuma Shaker Z in the color Aztec. Tackle warehouse carry's the line now also.

Aztec.jpg

• Like 1

It's a different set up for sure.  You buy your way in and get discounts on baits.  I have 2 friends who are Profound members and they actually have come up with colors for the crankbait line.  One is the "Cherry Bomb" color and the other is "Uzzle Blue".  Both have been very successful.  I had dinner with Mr. Horton and a few others after an event and was offered "the deal" but was already sponsored by SPRO and at the time Yamamoto had a hard bait line so, I politely declined.  Tim is a great guy and his company is doing quite well.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TOXIC said:

It's a different set up for sure.  You buy your way in and get discounts on baits.

That's a pro deal discount.  I've seen several bait makers use this model.  Secret Weapon Lures is one that comes to mind.

I've seen all sorts of Pro Staff deals including some where you "buy in" as a requirement and then get a discount but Profound has their pro staff design the baits and in some cases even produce them.  It's an interesting concept.  

I'll second on the Azuma Shaker Z. I found some in a bargain bin in a small bait shop. Gave $3 for them and promptly caught my 2 biggest fish of the year (6+lb) on my next trip. The rattles are very different and the bait itself has a very different material that sounds very unique. 

• Like 1