TBAG

Dobyns Sierra spinning vs. Loomis GL2

I've currently got an older G Loomis GL2 802S JWR 68, 6-12lb line, 1/8-3/8oz paired with a Shimano Stradic Ci4+ reel. I use this as a dedicated ned-rig setup but have also used it as a weightless Senko setup. It gets the job done and don't really need a new rod but as always the bait monkey is creeping around.

I see the Dobyns Sierra spinning series is on sale at TW and seeing if it's worth it to get one? Is it an upgrade to what I'm using now, equal or worse? I know you don't need a high dollar rod to fish with a Ned Rig but I really like my Dobyns casting rods and would like to try a spinning. I primarily kayak fish so I'm looking at the Sierra 692S, 6-12lb, 1/8-1/2oz. It will be paired with the Stradic Ci4+ I'm using now.

TIA and Merry Christmas!

I have the 692S and absolutely love it! But I am a big Dobyns fan. I used the 692 in the Delaware river this past season for smallies with the ned rig and, for me, it worked great. Zero complaints. Oh and I'm a kayak guy too. 

2 hours ago, Landis Carrier said:

I have the 692S and absolutely love it! But I am a big Dobyns fan. I used the 692 in the Delaware river this past season for smallies with the ned rig and, for me, it worked great. Zero complaints. Oh and I'm a kayak guy too. 

Awesome, thanks for the input. 

I've owned a few GL2's.  The Sierra will be lighter and better balanced.  The current TW deal on the Sierra is a no brainer in my mind.

13 hours ago, Columbia Craw said:

I've owned a few GL2's.  The Sierra will be lighter and better balanced.  The current TW deal on the Sierra is a no brainer in my mind.

Thanks, I ordered one.